What exactly is needed from the fuel tank disassembly (video 8)?

devianteng

Video 6 is done. Skipping video 7 (dash disassembly) to get video 8 done and get the shell out of my way.

I opted for the optional 5x144.3 hubs, and the SS kit comes with the parking break stuff. I take this to mean I don’t need my rear rotors, hubs, calipers, parking brake cables, or parking brake assembly for the Goblin. I don’t need the fuel filter or fuel pump from the donor since I will buy those new. I know I will need the fuel filler neck and cap, but is there anything else I’ll need? Probably need the fuel pump connector now that I think about it; can that come off without dropping the tank? Really don’t want to drop the tank and deal with it if I don’t have to.

I guess in short, what parts are taken from the donor in video 8 and used for the Goblin?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I don’t remember anything else from the tank beyond fuel pump and filler neck.
You will the parking brake cables, cable tubes, and handle.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
You’ll need the park brake cables and those aluminum cable tubes, plus the park brake lever itself.

You‘ll need the fuel pump lines, unless you use new hose (I recommend) and the connectors to the pump, fuel tank Filler neck and such.

a lot of scrap yards won’t take a vehicle with the fuel tank in it. Just a FYI.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
You do need your parking brake cables tubes, and the whole lever assembly from inside the cabin.

Dropping the tank really wasn't that hard. I think you need some of the wiring to the fuel hat but I can't remember well enough to instruct you.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
The “park brake kit”, is special calipers and adaptors so it all ties in together With the cobalt stuff