What frame mods are needed for the F40 transmission?

RobC76

So I have a new stock regal shifter but was wondering more about a billet one I guess. Probably should have been more specific. My apologies

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
NP. The Regal shifter is almost identical to the Saab shifter - wouldn't be surprised if they carry the same GM P/N.

My alternative, since I hate the big plastic shifter, is a Acura RSX 6 speed aftermarket shifter. The attachment points for the shifter cables are above the pivots and it will function exactly like the new DF shifter. It also is a good looking piece of machined aluminum - bling for the interior.
20240310_132821.jpg

The baseplate will require some tweaking as it is somewhat wider than the Cobalt or Saab shifter - nothing a little time with grinder, some filing, and metal semi-polishing can't fix. Plus the shift pattern works out, since the Honda pattern has reverse to the far right and back next to 6th gear. Flipping the shifter around 180 puts reverse to the far left and forward next to 1st gear, which matches the F40 shift pattern.

I have not installed it yet, but going through the shifter motions on paper - no inverting linkage is required - should be good for the 6 speed pattern and motions needed.

Last edited:

RobC76

NP. The Regal shifter is almost identical to the Saab shifter - wouldn't be surprised if they carry the same GM P/N.

My alternative, since I hate the big plastic shifter, is a Acura RSX 6 speed aftermarket shifter. The attachment points for the shifter cables are above the pivots and it will function exactly like the new DF shifter. It also is a good looking piece of machined aluminum - bling for the interior.
View attachment 45968

The baseplate will require some tweaking as it is somewhat wider than the Cobalt or Saab shifter - nothing a little time with grinder, some filing, and metal semi-polishing can't fix. Plus the shift pattern works out, since the Honda pattern has reverse to the far right and back next to 6th gear. Flipping the shifter around 180 puts reverse to the far left and forward next to 1st gear, which matches the F40 shift pattern.

I have not installed it yet, but going through the shifter motions on paper - no inverting linkage is required - should be good for the 6 speed pattern and motions needed.
Sorry DS I just found this conversation. So no need to answer the shifter part of my question.
Thanks Again