What is this?

KingChuck24

I am quite confused what this piece is. It is at the end of where the driver side main coolant line should attach to the coolant hose that runs through the frame:

Should I keep it on? Also why do I have a secondary tank that looks somewhat like the expansion tank ^

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
The second photo is the heat exchanger coolant fill neck.
The first picture I have no clue. Can you get more photos? It kind of looks like the coolant pump, but mine is much longer.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
It looks like the intercooler pump from an SC. First pic looks like the pump minus the electric motor. Second pic is the fill neck for that coolant system.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Lots of Cobalt SC are running around with the intercooler pump not running.
The PCM will pull the timing, and reduce power after the first pull, as the intercooler won't be able to cool the intake air.
So your engine will run, but not very fast.

KingChuck24

Lots of Cobalt SC are running around with the intercooler pump not running.
The PCM will pull the timing, and reduce power after the first pull, as the intercooler won't be able to cool the intake air.
So your engine will run, but not very fast.
Ok so it is very important then haha. I don't have pictures right now but I will get some up tomorrow as I have a few questions about how to actually route the coolant lines.

KingChuck24

Got some pictures that I don't really know what to do:

What goes on this nipple? Not the larger coolant port but the polished nipple?

Where does this hose go to?

How does the fuel line connect to the fuel rail? Is there some tubing that I don't have? I do have the small little aluminum fuel line piece but don't know what kind of tubing to use to connect the fuel line.

Does the clutch line go into here? If so how am I suppose to put it in? There was a large clip in there but I don't really know how to pull it out.

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Think the LSJ guys are asleep! I don't want to give you any wrong info, I'm an LNF guy.

But, the clutch pipe fitting in the transmission has an 'omega' shaped wire clip. The 'bow legs' on the clip fit into the slots in pipe fitting and are captive into the slots in the sides of the clutch pipe nipple end. Hopefully this makes sense. Try putting the clip in without the pipe in the fitting and take a photo - I or someone can confirm you have the clip going in the right way. :D

jamesm

Goblin Guru
What goes on this nipple? Not the larger coolant port but the polished nipple?
That looks like the coolant overflow tank line

Where does this hose go to?
That should connect to the air intake

How does the fuel line connect to the fuel rail? Is there some tubing that I don't have? I do have the small little aluminum fuel line piece but don't know what kind of tubing to use to connect the fuel line.
I reused a piece of existing fuel line. If you don't have it, you may have to hit the parts store and pick up a piece of fuel rated tubing and a connector or two
Does the clutch line go into here? If so how am I suppose to put it in? There was a large clip in there but I don't really know how to pull it out.
Looks like you're missing a piece. There should be a bleeder that fits between the clutch line and the transmission.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Not an LSJ... I'm guessing it is a 2.2L. The transmission clutch line connection is different than my LSJ.

KingChuck24

That looks like the coolant overflow tank line

That should connect to the air intake

I reused a piece of existing fuel line. If you don't have it, you may have to hit the parts store and pick up a piece of fuel rated tubing and a connector or two

Looks like you're missing a piece. There should be a bleeder that fits between the clutch line and the transmission.
Got it thanks! In terms of the piece that fits into the port of the clutch line do you know what I might be called? It’s also a 2.4l.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
This donor is a Frankenstein so who knows what parts are on it. It is a NA car that someone added a SC to but probably didn't use a ZZP type kit.

KingChuck24

Oh wow I feel stupid! I have that piece already, how do I take that end off? It doesn’t seem like there is any sort of clip that holds it on.

Attachments

jamesm

Goblin Guru
If that black tube won't pull loose from the join, there's a clip in there. Mine was buried and took a few attempts to dig it out. I marked two spots in red where you should dig for the clip

clutch.png