What kind of header did you use?

Oldchevyguy

My doner came with a long tube style header. I was planning to use it, but it appears to be too long. My doner is a 05 SS/SC. I think it had egr ports in the stock manifold (which I do not have, and wouldn't use anyway). There are small ports next to the big exhaust ports on the head which are blocked off with the aftermarket header.
Where did you guys get a shorty header? Ebay has cheap stainless steel one for $68. The listing says not for supercharged engines. Is this because of the egr?

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I bought a header with gasket and new studs for my old LSJ engine that I obviously do not need, now. It's yours if you cover shipping.

Goblin Guru
Oldchevyguy, my apologies, I did not get over to the place where the header is, this past weekend. I'm going over there after work today, so I'll get you some pics then.

Oldchevyguy

Oldchevyguy, my apologies, I did not get over to the place where the header is, this past weekend. I'm going over there after work today, so I'll get you some pics then.
Never mind. I ordered one on Ebay. Thanks anyway.

Goblin Guru
Tried to PM the pic, but I guess you can't attach files to PM's.

PM me the address if you still want it after seeing the pic, Ross. It's new, but it's an eBay model, heh!

20200107_173829.jpg

jirwin

Goblin Guru
@Ark :D are you running a 2.2L? Where did you find the studs? I was thinking about replacing mine while I was at it too. Stud's might even be the same between models really I suppose....

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
@Ark :D are you running a 2.2L? Where did you find the studs? I was thinking about replacing mine while I was at it too. Stud's might even be the same between models really I suppose....
I replaced all of my studs. I think I got them from the local NAPA . I think they were 8mm

Goblin Guru
It's a Dorman 03411 kit I got off Amazon. I got them because I snapped one of the studs off when I was taking the old header off. I didn't buy this setup for a 2.2L, my original donor was a 2.0L LSJ. They are M8 1.25. I'm not positive these studs fit, actually.. I remember looking around at the time trying to find the stud specs, which I did find on some Cobalt forum via Google. So even though Amazon and Dorman both show they won't fit a Cobalt, they were only $8 so I figured I'd give them a try and if they didn't fit, oh well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0063RHGFG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1