Whats a reasonable price for a non-crashed donor now that used car prices are skyrocketing?

Corgithulhu

Look for salvage title cars. In most states, they're like poison to the DMV, so people need to sell them off cheaply. I found my 2007 SS/SC donor on FB marketplace for sale for $2200-2500 (I forget exactly how much), and the seller mentioned a salvage title. He immediately accepted $1200 since he just wanted to offload it since anyone in NC couldn't register it any more. The car had a bit of a crunched LF nose, but otherwise was in perfectly fine shape as a donor. It wasn't a looker by any stretch of the imagination, but it ran strong and the important bits were intact and straight.+

Also, make sure you do your homework about how you would register your Goblin before buying a salvage title donor. Some states require you to register it as the donor's make and model, and a salvage title might be a hindrance there.

Chubbs

I'm sure states are different, which complicates it. At least here in Missouri though, the inspection the goblin had to go through as a kit was almost identical to the inspection it would have to go through to rebuild a salvage vehicle. I think the paperwork might have been different, but the inspection with the highway patrol was the same. So at least in missouri, I wouldn't hesitate to use a salvage donor. It wouldn't make any difference to the DMV at all.

snirtman

I've been looking for a running driving manual cobalt for a while now, and it seems like these don't get lower than 2k without having serious issues. I've had trouble finding the 2.4 liters, and have given up on SS or TC because people are asking 5-6k for them.

I've found a few hovering around the $3500 mark. Is that a good price for a donor?
Here's a 2009 SS/TC if you're in the northwest (Oregon): 2009 SS/TC

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
That's an AMAZING price/donor. I'm half tempted to buy it myself and I don't even need a donor!

Ross

Goblin Guru
I met a guy at yesterday's race that is selling an LSJ car. Claimed it was very low mileage (<50K). In Arkansas. Asking $2500.
Gary Hays, mobile: 479-414-5998, phone: 479-996-5998

snirtman

Here's a decent donor candidate near Minneapolis. 06 SS/SC with Junk title (you'll need to hire a broker to buy it) $500 Buy-It-Now = $850 plus broker fees 06 SS/SC

A little disconcerting that there's a PCM in the passenger seat and mileage is unknown, but ...

snirtman

Here's another decent donor in VA. Selling on Wed 5/4 with no reserve. Dealer only, so you'll need a broker or a friend with a dealers license.

Runs and drives, 119k miles. 06 SS/SC