Wheel selection stress

Jareth

Goblin Guru
No mater how much I have been up and down this forum I still lack the confidence in wheel selection :(

These wheels have my eye but I’m not sure if the offset will be an issue On the Goblin? The guaranteed fit is for a 2009 Cobalt.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
If it fits a cobalt, it will fit a goblin. It’s when you deviate from that when you have to do measurements.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
So here is another thing I need to question, will that offset affect how the tire centers within the fenders?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Believe the original fenders were designed to fit with the Cobalt SS wheel/tire combination by DF. If the wheels are spec'd to the Cobalt then there's a good chance they will fit the fenders. If there is any doubt, send a message directly to Lonny with the wheel dimensions and the tires you plan to use to ask if the fenders will fit. No need to stress over this, a die grinder will make it better. :p:cool:

Dsteinhorst

If you have a non-ss rack, you will rub with factory Cobalt offset wheels. If you have an SS rack, you should be good.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I don’t have an SS :confused: so what sort of offset should I try and find?

Last edited:

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
TBH I just ordered whatever I wanted and figured i'd add spacers if needed. First goblin all worked out great. Second I needed 15mm spacers in the rear. no biggy.

Don't stress! All can be easily fixed as long as you get the right bolt pattern!

Nuker-

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
TBH I just ordered whatever I wanted and figured i'd add spacers if needed. First goblin all worked out great. Second I needed 15mm spacers in the rear. no biggy.

Don't stress! All can be easily fixed as long as you get the right bolt pattern!

Nuker-
I did the same thing. I had to add 5/8“ spacers to the rear with my Vors wheels. Worked out nicely. Now the car a square stance. The rear end is as wide as the frontend.

Joebob

Goblin Guru
I have a 2008 SS/NA that probably has the SS rack. I have 17x8 with +40 offset or 6.10 backspacing. With 235/45-17 tires I have about 3/8” clearance on the back side of the A arm and over an inch on the front. I hope that helps.
F23BDD9D-6CEC-4D15-9C74-F6178F64C2DA.jpegB0764643-D2A4-47DC-BC7B-0CEA7D50287A.jpegF9AE8050-D79F-404B-BDF5-A978D54F743A.jpeg

Joebob

Goblin Guru
I have a 2008 SS/NA that probably has the SS rack. I have 17x8 with +40 offset or 6.10 backspacing. With 235/45-17 tires I have about 3/8” clearance on the back side of the A arm and over an inch on the front. I hope that helps.
View attachment 25471View attachment 25472View attachment 25473
I would like to edit my reply. I have the thicker Lower steel brackets. With them, my steering was limited by them hitting the jam nut on the lower helm joint. With a spacer washer on the bolt to clear the jam nut, the inside edge of the wheel DOES make contact with the lower arm and almost the upper arm by a few thousandths. You could squeak by with the 6.10" offset by extending both large helm joints out to move the hub away from the control arms but I will be looking to get the steering limiters now offered. Hope I didn't steer anyone down the wrong path.

Joe