Wheels and Tires with fenders

MisterDave

I have looked over the list in the forum of tire and wheel sizes people are using... But it doesn't indicate if the car is running fenders or not. I am going to use wide fenders all around which I understand that I can use up to a 245 tire. Now I need to figure out the other measurements. Using the fenders kind of limits the height and offset. I tried to put on the front fender and take some measurements, but they don't seem right to me. My rough measurements have 6 2/16" from the outside of the brake rotor to the inside of the fender. A max wheel height of 27"... and it looks like the inside of the fender only has about 3 1/8" of clearance to the fender mount bracket...
First time trying to by wheels and tires without using a vehicle make and model as a reference. I'm just trying to get an idea of max/min measurements. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Here is some great visualization tools for size and offset. Tire size calculator

I have fenders on my car running 235 in the rear and 205 in the front. I can get pictures and measurements later if you need. I have all 4 fenders are the wide rear fenders.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
All 4 fenders are the same size. 10" outside 9.5" inside
Fronts are 16 x 7 +38mm offset with 205/45-16
Rears are 17 x 7.5 +42 mm offset with 235/45-17
IMG_20200616_170202.jpg
IMG_20200616_170230.jpg
IMG_20200616_170305.jpg
IMG_20200616_170314.jpg

MisterDave

If I am measuring correctly... to center the wheels in the wide fenders I'm going to need a +48 offset in the rear and a +26 offset in the front.

G Atsma

Goblin Guru
You would be better off using a proper offset and then centering the fenders over the wheels.
Don't put the cart before the horse.

MisterDave

I think G Atsma is right... I think I'm going to try for a +25 offset all around. that should fit the front as it is and then I can space out the rear fender to fit.
thanks.

Does anyone use a 19" wheel?
There a wheel I like, but they only have 19" in stock. It would probably put me in a 245/30(or 35) R 19 tire.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru

You may be the first to do so. You would have to change some ECU settings to get the speedo right.