Where is everyone getting these made?

Josh's09

Group, is there someone to reach out too and purchase on of these from? The equipment from the donor doesn't seem like it is going to work for me. It just seems like the angle is going to be too tight and i'll end up breaking something if I add anymore force on it. Suggestions/links would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

Rauq

Goblin Guru
The bolts circled in red get removed and the top half of that bracket comes off.

Then attach the pictured bracket into the same bolt holes as posted above.

Josh's09

It is a part in the new kits. My kit #121 didn't have it. What is your kit number?
Well I just went through every box I have and do not have it in there. I'll contact DF on Monday to see if in my order it was included. I am #378

Jareth

Goblin Guru
With the two Kits I have bought I created video of everything that was shipped to also show later what I may have not gotten.

Josh's09

The bolts circled in red get removed and the top half of that bracket comes off.
View attachment 37672

Then attach the pictured bracket into the same bolt holes as posted above.
View attachment 37674
So trying to do this now, but the holes are definitely not lining up. The piece received from DF shows to be to narrow to fit in the previous slot. Even if it were to fit, there has to be some "spacer" to compensate for the difference in height, right? ?

Attachments

Josh's09

Actually, I am thinking I need to remove the bottom piece to make it work. Probably one of those 1di0T errors

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Those two things do not get used together. The small, Cobalt part (shinier part in your photos) doesn't get reused. There should be a metal 'block' from the Cobalt transmission that your DF supplied (bigger/flatter part from your photos) bolts to. I'm looking for a post I previously had as well that talked about this all, I'll edit this post once I find it.....

Edit: It should look like the dull red part in my photo, under the candy red part with the cables attached.
2022-09-04 Shift Cables (Engine).JPGED2ED0F2-952A-4870-98C8-0295483DDB0B.jpeg

Last edited:

Josh's09

Those two things do not get used together. The small, Cobalt part (shinier part in your photos) doesn't get reused. There should be a metal 'block' from the Cobalt transmission that your DF supplied (bigger/flatter part from your photos) bolts to. I'm looking for a post I previously had as well that talked about this all, I'll edit this post once I find it.....

Edit: It should look like the dull red part in my photo, under the candy red part with the cables attached.
View attachment 37980
So the way you have it set up is how I set mine up. is that not correct?

The part df sent me i mounted directly on top of the other piece

Attachments

Josh's09

View attachment 37980

Attachments

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
So the way you have it set up is how I set mine up. is that not correct?

The part df sent me i mounted directly on top of the other piece
I'm not sure what is supposed to go there in the red box. I just used it to hold various cables as it didn't seem to attach to anything.