Which hose for fuel line?

ZacMaster

2.4 NA with a fuel filter.

These parts were supplied. The tube goes into my fuel filter and the other fitting attaches to my fuel rail.

image.jpg

But when I get my nylon tube out, it doesn’t fit over the barb.

CF7C6CDC-267B-4980-AF88-F9AE79CC4EF7.jpeg

73C8480E-0F1E-42B4-BFD0-B29818459617.jpeg

I saw somewhere else that Lonny said the nylon 12 was used for the fuel line, but I have nylon 8mm.

Was I supposed to get 12? What are other people doing?

Last edited:

askiles

Goblin Guru
That is tubing for the vacuum line for the brake booster. I believe you will need to buy some 3/8” high pressure fuel hose.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
I think you can actually use that as your fuel line, but you've got to heat up the ends in order to let it slide over. Most of us skipped this step and used some fuel line or AN lines. You can get some fuel line at your local auto parts store by the foot. Take your ends in for reference but I think its either 5/16 or 3/8 line. You'll need to buy fuel line hose clamps as well.

Here is what I did: http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/mannys-city-goblin-07-ss-sc-donor.559/page-9

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
That is tubing for the vacuum line for the brake booster. I believe you will need to buy some 3/8” high pressure fuel hose.
That is also fuel line. Need to heat the tubing and press the ends on. when it cools no clamps are necessary. It is not easy to do.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
You can also use a heat gun, but you have to be careful not to overheat it. Also, don't heat up too long of a section. It will kink very quickly and easily if you do. Wear a glove, grab it as close as you can to the end, and push it on from as straight as possible.