Which Uhaul for picking up kit?

ToxicBill

Looks like I can pick up my kit this weekend!!

I think I have two main options, either a 9' cargo van or a 10' box truck. Based on mileage and rates, I can save over $200 by using a cargo van. Of course, if the cargo van doesn't work . . . i need the box truck.

I'm picking up the entire kit - all 3 stages. Will the cargo van work or do I need to get the box truck?

ToxicBill

Thanks Ark.

I see the dimensions of the van are 9'6" long, 5'1" wide, and 4'1" tall. I'm fairly certain I can the frame in the van, I'm concerned about everything else fitting in there with the frame.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I think you can swing it. There's a few larger items in the kit but nothing you can't fit in there one way or another. The brake lines, shifter cables, and fuel tank will go in the frame, and there should be plenty of space around them for the smaller stuff.

Worst case, a few bits don't fit and you have to leave them behind to be shipped, right?

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Don't forget Texas taxes.

When I had mine shipped, the entire kit fit inside the frame. So as long as the fee fits you should be fine. DF packed it all up so let them figure out the best way to put it on a bare pallate for you.

ToxicBill

One more question - what is the height of the frame? Trying to make sure it fits height-wise.

Decided to go with a trailer instead of the van . .. want to make sure it'll fit in the trailer.

Last edited:

ToxicBill

for the record, I rented a 6' x 12' enclosed trailer from U-Haul and we did not have any issues with getting all 3 stages to fit inside that trailer. I would recommend bringing along straps, bungee cords, and some moving blankets and such to help ensure things do not get damaged and move around during transit.