Whidbey Goblin, track chassis for the streets. 05 SS donor.

Whidbey Goblin

Doing my timing chain tensioner. Clearly someone has been into this motor before. They used RTV on the valve cover gasket, I was under the impression these type of valve cover gaskets didn’t need RTV. Does anyone have any input on whether I should use RTV when I put it back together?

Attachments

Whidbey Goblin

Has anyone change the oil in the supercharger? I took a small hose to try to pull out the old oil but I can’t seem to grab anything. I’m actually concerned my supercharger barely has any oil in it. Is that Phil
Start in the middle front and back and work your way to the left/right end
20 ft-lbs
turns out 20 foot pounds breaks them off.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I have changed the SC oil. I drained everything I could and filled it with the specified amount. Sorry I don't remember what the amount is and the moment. I also used the GM oil just to be on the safe side.

Last edited:

Dale E

Use a spray bottle tube and trigger. Stick the tube into the supercharger and spritz the fluid into a can or bottle, there won't be very much fluid. @ ounces?

Dale

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Has anyone change the oil in the supercharger? I took a small hose to try to pull out the old oil but I can’t seem to grab anything. I’m actually concerned my supercharger barely has any oil in it. Is that Phil

turns out 20 foot pounds breaks them off.
20 ft/lbs?!? I'm pretty sure it's much closer to 20in/lbs!
Edit: according to alldata it's 89in/lbs

Whidbey Goblin

More progress. Painted some more bits. Got the timing chain tensioner and guide bolt installed. Ordered my header. Ordered stage two from ZZP. Picked up new axels. Shipped wiring to DF. Shipped TCM to ZZP. Chassis is supposed to arrive late next week, it will go immediately to powder coat.

Attachments

Whidbey Goblin

I read somewhere that people put the SC oil in until it begins to run out of the fill port. For me, that was almost two bottles (8oz). I wonder if I need to go back and drain (or suck out) some of it.
I couldn’t pull any out. I think it was nearly empty. It took two whole bottles.