Whidbey Goblin, track chassis for the streets. 05 SS donor.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Doing my timing chain tensioner. Clearly someone has been into this motor before. They used RTV on the valve cover gasket, I was under the impression these type of valve cover gaskets didn’t need RTV. Does anyone have any input on whether I should use RTV when I put it back together?
Use OEM gasket and it can be reused multiple times from experience.

CodyP

So I’ve been told these are important parts to replace. Adam gave me part numbers, these are the Napa equivalent. Does everyone think this is OK? Also is there anything I should know about installing this correctly?
Do you happen to still have those part numbers by chance? :D

Whidbey Goblin

Just replaced the water pump for my supercharger. If I want to check that the polarity was wired correctly on the motor, without power going to it, can’t I just check continuity between the block and what should be the negative terminal on the plug?

Attachments

Ross

Goblin Guru
If you can find the - and + on the Bosch pump, then check the cobalt wires, you are probably good. They are small, but they are cast into the housing.
Apparently some cobalt cars had the wiring backwards on the stock harness.
The water should enter the center of the pump impeller, and leave on the outside of the impeller.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
That wood stove must allow you to work in the winter with the doors open in there, we run about the same size for our whole house as primary heat.

Whidbey Goblin

Can’t seem to figure out how this clutch pedal goes on. Anyone have pictures of their clutch pedal mounted? Not sure if mine is different, bent or if it’s just getting too late in the evening.