Wind Screen

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I think I'm alone here, but I'll ask anyways. Does anybody have any issues with their wind screens cracking around the bolt holes? I'm on my second one and it's already starting to develop cracks in just a few drives. I thought maybe on my first one it was because the bolt holes didn't line up correctly and I kind of forced some of the bolts in . But I drilled the holes out in the second one and the bolts go right in. I don't think I over tightened them. They're just snug. I don't get it.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I think I'm alone here, but I'll ask anyways. Does anybody have any issues with their wind screens cracking around the bolt holes? I'm on my second one and it's already starting to develop cracks in just a few drives. I thought maybe on my first one it was because the bolt holes didn't line up correctly and I kind of forced some of the bolts in . But I drilled the holes out in the second one and the bolts go right in. I don't think I over tightened them. They're just snug. I don't get it.
I do not have the lexan screen so I am guessing here. Could you drill the holes a little bigger and insert a rubber grommet in the holes to absorb some of the flex / vibration?

Christopher Sanchez

I have yet to notice any cracks on my windscreen. I have not road tripped the car very far at sustained highway speeds yet and maybe gotten it up to 95 max in short bursts, on a closed road of course. Have you put many miles on yours? I saw somewhere that somebody had trimmed their windscreen almost in half which i felts was a good idea as it looked cool, still should keep the wind out of your face but may allow more air hit the top of the engine and eliminate some of the dead air space. just a thought. You could try installing bigger washers on this new screen with a rubber grommet as karter suggested.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I don't think I have 300 miles on this second wind screen. It's only been installed for about a month. About 3 or 4 of the holes already have a few really small 1/4" cracks around them. I have a feeling that they'll eventually spread to be 1"+ like the first wind screen.

Dumb question and I'm not sure it really matters, but what side of the mount are you bolting it to? I have mine so that the wind screen is on the inside of the mount.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I think you're right. As far as I can tell from the gallery pics, I think the windscreen goes on the outside of the bracket. That might be why I found the holes to be so grossly out of alignment.