Windshield mounting

dastrups

Has anyone else had the problem where the windshield bracket mounting holes don’t match up for where you mount the bracket to the hood? Mine are off by a good 5mm it looks like. Does the hood need to be mounted to the car before the bracket is mounted to the hood? I wonder if that would flex it enough to allow the holes to match up.

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Has anyone else had the problem where the windshield bracket mounting holes don’t match up for where you mount the bracket to the hood? Mine are off by a good 5mm it looks like. Does the hood need to be mounted to the car before the bracket is mounted to the hood? I wonder if that would flex it enough to allow the holes to match up.
Its designed to be curved. I booger welded extensions on the middle 3 tabs to make the backer straight. That brings its own issues though. Upper hood mounts don't fit the same.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
mine was the same, I just mounted the bracket last week. Start in the middle and work your way out while putting the bolts in and keep them all loose. A second person would be helpful while bending the bracket and getting the bolts started. I did end up having to ream out one of the outer holes to get the bolt through.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
The bracket should have some curve in it to put some bow into the windshield. A flat windshield will fold over at speed. Gingerly bend the bracket to match the holes in the hood.

dastrups

Got it figured out. I ended up placing the hood on the carpet and kind of pulling the sides in so the hood bows a little and then the holes lined up. Thanks everyone.