Wing effect on stagnant air in cockpit

Scott #321

I have seen many on the forum discuss having stagnant air in the cockpit with the windshield in place. Also many have mentioned engine heat recirculating into the cockpit due to the low pressure area created by the windshield. Has anyone done any comparisons with wind mounts or wing angles to see if it can help with this issue? I am planning on some venting to bring fresh air into the leg area under the hood but relocating the intercooler behind the seat i really want to avoid recirculating that heat as well as engine heat back into the passenger compartment. I have searched the forums but have not seen this addressed so I apologize if I missed it.

WYGoblin

Some have cut the windshield in the center between the two passengers. They have said it still keeps wind off the passengers but improves the dead air in the cockpit. I plan to do this on mine as soon as I find the time. Hard to come by these days for me.

Corgithulhu

I would assume if your wing makes any appreciable difference in the cockpit area, it is doing a lot more work as a wall than as a wing producing downforce. The most efficient solution to cut down on stagnant air with a windshield in place that I have seen is to cut it like WYGoblin mentions.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I have seen many on the forum discuss having stagnant air in the cockpit with the windshield in place. Also many have mentioned engine heat recirculating into the cockpit due to the low pressure area created by the windshield. Has anyone done any comparisons with wind mounts or wing angles to see if it can help with this issue? I am planning on some venting to bring fresh air into the leg area under the hood but relocating the intercooler behind the seat i really want to avoid recirculating that heat as well as engine heat back into the passenger compartment. I have searched the forums but have not seen this addressed so I apologize if I missed it.
I'm trying to address the reported stagnant air in the cockpit with a vented plenum built into the hood. It will bring some cooler air into this area - at least my knees will be cool.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
One of the best and simplest mods I did. Very much suggest it.