Wing Uprights

Dylan Stan

Whats everyone done for wing. Looking to first get uprights. Supplied by DF right? What about the hardware tension wires. DF too?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
We used the uprights from DF and modified it to add adjustment to our wing. We also used the one solid cross brace from DF which makes it very solid. You can use cables, but they seem to flex more unless you really tighten them and possible distort the mounting.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
There's plenty of wing posts already made that you can browse through, use the forum search function (top right). It's safe to say if you have a general "race car" question, someone's already asked it and there's a wealth of knowledge poured into the previous post.

Most of us (who don't want to fab up our own mounts) use the DF option for wing uprights (additional charges, wing not included) and get a wing within the basic area of the mounting width (high 20 inches if I recall correctly). Any wider or smaller and you'll have to come up with your own solution or have bowed uprights.

I have the Seibon GT wing, and I love it. It's within a half inch or so of the DF mounts so it doesn't look weird when mounted. If those are too pricy for your budget, there are a buttload of eBay wings, both carbon fiber and aluminum, found online. Just make sure you get one with a mounting bracket width close to DF's brackets to avoid hassles.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
I ordered a Seibon wing last year and it was lost by FedEX. Now they are on back-order everywhere. In the interim I mounted the wing off of my Cobalt donor. Looks OK for now.

Attachments

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
The mounting would be simple too. Flat plate with a slight bend, with a holes that match the strut tower and wing. Sooner or later I’ll get back on that project, but I have an anti-wang reputation to uphold. :D

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I wonder how the more aggressive SS wing would look.
So, finally got back to this project, but the jury is still out on it. I need to make my brackets a little better, but it’s on and stable.

Attachments

Ross

Goblin Guru
That wing looks pretty good... was it hard to mount there? Might be starting a new trend, as a lot of us have that part, so the price is right.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
That wing looks pretty good... was it hard to mount there? Might be starting a new trend, as a lot of us have that part, so the price is right.
Easier than you think. Made a couple of brackets that bolt to the strut tower and bent it upwards to match the wing mount. I might have a couple of hours in it. If I keep it, I’ll remake the brackets to look a little better.
I Did have to drill holes in the bottom of the wing to clear the strut bolts and strut adjuster.