Wiring questions

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
I'm at the end of the new wiring video 4- organizing the main harness part 1.
At the end of the video around 7:40 it says:
1. there should be a group of wires that need to be extended- I have those

2. Two wires that will be used for the fuel pump- shouldn't there be 3? I have purple, tan, and grey

3. A pink wire for the coolant level- Isn't the coolant level wire pulled to the other end towards the bcm plug? Is the pink wire in the video for the intercooler pump for turbo models?

4. Twisted pair of tan data wires- I kept the pair from the ebcm to fuse block. There was also another pair that went ebcm to body-dash connector I'm assuming those dont matter.

5. Loose blue and green wires, I have these
But I also have a pink wire and blue wire tied together and I dont remember why

I'm guessing the picture is the body to engine harness connector, I have an 06 ss.

Attachments

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Off the top of my head, the coolant tank wire is pulled toward the fuse box and is taped alongside/even with the fuel pump connector.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
I'm at the end of the new wiring video 4- organizing the main harness part 1.
At the end of the video around 7:40 it says:
1. there should be a group of wires that need to be extended- I have those

2. Two wires that will be used for the fuel pump- shouldn't there be 3? I have purple, tan, and grey

3. A pink wire for the coolant level- Isn't the coolant level wire pulled to the other end towards the bcm plug? Is the pink wire in the video for the intercooler pump for turbo models?

4. Twisted pair of tan data wires- I kept the pair from the ebcm to fuse block. There was also another pair that went ebcm to body-dash connector I'm assuming those dont matter.

5. Loose blue and green wires, I have these
But I also have a pink wire and blue wire tied together and I dont remember why

I'm guessing the picture is the body to engine harness connector, I have an 06 ss.
#2. The wiring harness that we are using in the video is for a Turbo. The turbo harnesses share the tan clutch wire with the tan fuel level sensor wire and will be added to the fuel pump wires later. All SS supercharged and base model harnesses will already have the tan fuel level sensor wire with the purple fuel level sensor wire and the positive large gray fuel pump wire.

#3. The pink wire is for the bosch intercooler pump not the coolant level. We will have to fix this in the video. SS supercharged harnesses already have the intercooler pump wired so you will not need the pink wire.

#4. correct, you will use the excess data wire to extend the data wire coming from the ECM in a later video.

#5. Attach an image and we will see if we can figure it out.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
The light blue wire is for the third brake light. (CHMSL)
If you have a turbo harness the pink wire would have been repurposed to use for the Bosch intercooler pump. With an SS supercharged donor the pump already has its own wiring.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
The light blue wire is for the third brake light. (CHMSL)
If you have a turbo harness the pink wire would have been repurposed to use for the Bosch intercooler pump. With an SS supercharged donor the pump already has its own wiring.
So the grey plug is connector C5, so can I use any of the 4 light blue wires from f3 or f4 or does it have to come from f3

Acewest

So. I have a tan low reference wire that was sent to the ECM. What is this wire for ? I have a 06 ss/sc