Wiring video part 10 questions.

wallace58

I have a few questions about part 10 video. I have a 2007 Cobalt SS, SC, manual donor.
1. at the 7:53 mark The red/white stripe and purple wires they talk about is the purple one of the fog light wires from the headlight harness?
2. I have pin 2 of the OBDII green wire going to C7 green wire to the PCM. I have the following green wires that I think need to be soldered together as in the end of the video.
1 from the ignition switch
1 from pin 1 of the OBDII connector
1 from the instrument cluster
2 from the BCM
1 from the TPMS
This is a total of 6 green communication wires. Does this seem correct for my donor?
3. Also in part 10 video it is unclear to me where you put the turn signal wires that go to the mirrors. It looks like you have them go out to the ignition switch area. Is that correct? If not where along the dash wiring line do you have them come out from the main dash wiring?

Thanks for any help with this. I am getting close to finishing up the wiring harness. I may use split wire loom instead of taping every thing. Easier to fix mistakes later, LOL.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
FYI, there's one green wire coming from the engine side that doesn't go with the rest of the bundle of green wires up by the OBD port. I'm trying to find the post that has details on it. A number of 07 SS/SC folks had trouble with it (including me).

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
1. - pretty sure the purple wire is one of the fog light wires. It is left in for accessories and not required. You can see it in the pic below.
2. - one of the greens doesn't get soldered to the others. I can't recall which one, but if memory is correct, the big group w/ stays together and there is a stray green that doesn't get grouped. I had to go back and fix mine but I didn't document it in my build.
3. - the turn signals are built into the mirrors so left pair to the switch area mirror mount and the right pair along the dash bar to the right mirror mount.

It's hard to see in this pic, but your main bundle after the BCM will run up towards the dash then split off to the left and right depending on where it goes: throttle, brake lights, clutch, grounds, power steering, cluster, ignition, turn signals, anti-theft box.

Last edited:

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
Since you're close to finishing the harness and will move on to things like radiator and heat exchanger, mount the heat exchanger and plumb it before installing the radiator and mount. It is difficult to get the pex to hose fittings clamped tight in such a small space and having the radiator out helps a ton. Mounting that heat exchanger and getting the intercooler system leak free was one of my most difficult challenges of the whole project.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
2. I have pin 2 of the OBDII green wire going to C7 green wire to the PCM. I have the following green wires that I think need to be soldered together as in the end of the video.
1 from the ignition switch
1 from pin 1 of the OBDII connector
1 from the instrument cluster
2 from the BCM
1 from the TPMS
I'm trying to find my handwritten notes from back when I did my harness, but I think the C7-OBDII(Pin 2) one is the one that trips everyone up, so you should be good. I'll edit this post to confirm once I find my notes.