Wombat's Track Goblin - 2007 SS SC

wombat

Fitting new wheels.

I bought extended studs so I could run a light 17x9 wheel that had a 45 offset. Not quite done, but hopefully this will be helpful for folks looking at wider wheels/tires.

I have ordered a slightly wider custom spacer that is hub and wheel centric but the pic is with a cheap 15mm amazon spacer I got to test. I didnt want to do adapters.

wombat

Should be pretty striking with the green stripe, can't wait to see the finished hood. Great work.
It took forever to find a sample that was close enough to the kawasaki green frame. Got the stripes from house of grafx and the flat black is vvivid vinyl 5x25 sheet i think it should be enough for hood, sides, engine cover and install error.

wombat

Well my first wrap was not exactly smooth, but it looks better than the scuffed fiber glass hood.

It is definitely imperfect, but I spent about 10% of the quote I got to paint. I may switch the color eventually, so Im happy enough.

Lessons:
Watch a lot of videos if you have not wrapped anything before.

Dont start with the hood, be smarter than me and do something small and/or flat.

I tried doing this myself, another set of hands would have made it much easier.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Just out if curiosity, why did you install the heat exchanger with the fittings facing forward?
Tagging onto Brian's comment, I see NACA ducts installed now in the nose. Are you going to move the heat exchanger from in front of the radiator to the position behind the radiator?

wombat

Tagging onto Brian's comment, I see NACA ducts installed now in the nose. Are you going to move the heat exchanger from in front of the radiator to the position behind the radiator?
That was a temporary mount so I could get the car registered and test everything. Just did get the NACA ducts installed. I have 2 small HE. One will be behind the radiator fed through NACA. I am going to test the other in front, but it will be repositioned and I am going to fabricate a better mount. The inlet and outlet will be on the side with hoses running near the NACA. Brad also recommended a water mist, so Ill be considering that as well.

wombat

Just out if curiosity, why did you install the heat exchanger with the fittings facing forward?
The tabs on the HE I got from the Atom set better against the bottom lip of the radiator positioned that way. It was a little more "secure" for a temp mount. The hoses are squeezed though and I am going to be repositioning soon.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
That was a temporary mount so I could get the car registered and test everything. Just did get the NACA ducts installed. I have 2 small HE. One will be behind the radiator fed through NACA. I am going to test the other in front, but it will be repositioned and I am going to fabricate a better mount. The inlet and outlet will be on the side with hoses running near the NACA. Brad also recommended a water mist, so Ill be considering that as well.
I have been researching water spray systems for intercooling and ran across this:

[URL="http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=0527[/URL]"]www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=0527[/URL]

It is a spray system that monitors intercooler/IAT and can spray as needed to maintain a preset temperature. It is not quite a DIY, but can be built to meet your needs. I plan to put one of these together for my TC, since I reside in Phoenix and IATs are difficult to maintain in the desert.

Last edited:

wombat

I'm going to test it with the 2 in series. Although some have suggested an upgraded pump, my plan is to test and make adjustments if necessary. Pump to 1st HE (horizontal mount in DF location behind radiator using the NACA ducts), then up to the HE mounted in front of the radiator and finally back to manifold.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
How well did the single HE in front of the radiator work? Did you have any issues with engine cooling with that setup? Anyone else's comparable experience or input would be welcome as well.