Wondering how to install parking brake

Oldchevyguy

Hi guys. My parking brake parts will arrive next week. Pretty sc soon I will need to install them. I understand how the calipers with the emb cable arms work. My question is more about how to interface the stock SS emb handle and cables in the car. I've read where somone moved the shifter cables inside the tunnel cover. Is this necessary?Any help would be appreciated.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Hi guys. My parking brake parts will arrive next week. Pretty sc soon I will need to install them. I understand how the calipers with the emb cable arms work. My question is more about how to interface the stock SS emb handle and cables in the car. I've read where somone moved the shifter cables inside the tunnel cover. Is this necessary?Any help would be appreciated.
Start here.
http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/parking-brakes.735/

You do not have to move it to inside the tunnel, unless you want that look.

Oldchevyguy

I looked at ALL ELEVEN pages . Picked up some tips on other things, but I' did not see a picture of the parking brake handle installed in the tunnel. An overhead view would be great.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I install my parking brake at 20:20 in this video.
You could raise it up a bit if you are going to have the shifter cables under it.
Here is some pics of the brake caliper parking brakes:

Last edited:

Ross

Goblin Guru
Thanks for your help. Referring to the pictures on post 55, where is the shifter cable/cables?
I wonder if it was an automatic tranny, but that should have at least 1 cable too.
Do the automatics run the cables in the tunnel, since they don't have cooling pipes in there?

Actually post 55 shows no cables or wires in the tunnel... so this was early in the build process.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I wonder if it was an automatic tranny, but that should have at least 1 cable too.
Do the automatics run the cables in the tunnel, since they don't have cooling pipes in there?

Actually post 55 shows no cables or wires in the tunnel... so this was early in the build process.
That was Chad's first chassis that was wrecked. DF used it for R&D for the parking brake lay out. There was nothing but a bare chassis and subframe. But it does show how the brake cables and handle is mounted.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru

Autos do run the shifter cable inside the tunnel.