Wrong size calipers?

baustin

Only picture I have right now:

Note that mine is an 06 SS/SC, I had to add a washer between the knuckle and the adapter, not sure if that is still required with the newer parts.

barichuk

Only picture I have right now:
View attachment 19874

Note that mine is an 06 SS/SC, I had to add a washer between the knuckle and the adapter, not sure if that is still required with the newer parts.
I have (barely) enough clearance between the rotor and the brass bolts. The problem is neither the bracket nor the knuckle is threaded. May have to go to the auto store to get hardware to fit.

baustin

I have (barely) enough clearance between the rotor and the brass bolts. The problem is neither the bracket nor the knuckle is threaded. May have to go to the auto store to get hardware to fit.
I think I remember needing to buy the high strength bolts you can see in that picture:

SwerveMonkey

I think I remember needing to buy the high strength bolts
Can confirm, I tried to size the original bolts to the new brackets and in both positions... neither bracket-2-knuckle nor bracket-2-caliper position fits
My local big box hardware stores report having the exact fit bolt, but likely will be in the specialty drawers with all the metric items.
I'm scouting the Home Depot near me for two pair of matching bolts that are the same as what DF provided.

When I logged the same issue in my build log it was suggested to me check a Fastenal in my local area. there are two in Chattanooga listed.

barichuk

Can confirm, I tried to size the original bolts to the new brackets and in both positions... neither bracket-2-knuckle nor bracket-2-caliper position fits
My local big box hardware stores report having the exact fit bolt, but likely will be in the specialty drawers with all the metric items.
I'm scouting the Home Depot near me for two pair of matching bolts that are the same as what DF provided.

When I logged the same issue in my build log it was suggested to me check a Fastenal in my local area. there are two in Chattanooga listed.
Thanks for the info, SM, but I just got back from O'Reilly and they had exactly what I needed. One issue I was having was no clearance between the rotor and the bolt, but the guys there test fit and made sure everything worked.