WYGoblin's Extended City Frame Goblin - 08 SS/TC

WYGoblin

The side door I am talking about is above the axles. The one I am looking at has a door on both sides you can walk in and the one above the axles.
445259-1676549359-824563.jpg

G Atsma

Goblin Guru
I have never seen a trailer with doors over the axles. That is an extreme rarity, and I see a LOT of trailers...

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Ah. Got it. Can’t say I have seen that, but I’ll pay attention more when I see enclosed trailers.

WYGoblin

You could buy a trailer without it and add it in yourself.

That is a thought. I wonder how bad it would be to modify the structure of the trailer. Steel I could weld in easy enough but aluminum i am not nearly as good at welding.

I see a lot of the side doors above the axles in trailers that haul cars only. The cargo ones never have it. There are trailers out there that the whole side above the axles opens up. That would be very nice but also it is like a 10k addon for that.
Ultimate-Escape-Door.jpg

jamesm

Goblin Guru
I use a 7x16 trailer for the goblin and have room for extra stuff.
C7A242CC-1652-430D-B94F-EC5595DADE9C_1_105_c.jpegB729CE03-7A5C-4C12-A57F-443105E42339_1_105_c.jpegE8CEDCD9-472B-4CCD-8414-9A0520FD365F_1_105_c.jpeg
There are lots of trailers where I live with escape doors. I've seen hardware kits to add one to an existing trailer for as little as $500 if you want to cut the side of your trailer open.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I would think they could be riveted into the aluminum studs? Or wood studs attached to the aluminum ones?

WYGoblin

I would think they could be riveted into the aluminum studs? Or wood studs attached to the aluminum ones?
You would think they would be. I did go ahead and put a deposit down on the 28' trailer. Everywhere I looked was not what I wanted. It is a little bigger than I wanted but I think it will be ok. Now I just got to wait for the weather to get better to go pick it up. Been not able to go to work for almost 10 days now due to the oil field I work in being snowed in.
thumbnail_Image.jpg

Attachments

Ross

Goblin Guru
Thanks Ross I will get more pictures. I keep forgetting to take them. I just wanted to get it done before my driving season is done here.

I do think it is very close to start MAF tuning and VE. Took it out for a couple mile test drive tonight. Found a couple things I need to address but nothing serious. Just need to readjust seat belts for my seating position and my turn signal cancel needs adjusted. For some reason it isn't working but I know I checked it when I installed it hmmm. I was doing the alignment during the Goat Rope live stream tonight lol.
Ping. Time to post a picture of your goblin. :)

WYGoblin

Ping. Time to post a picture of your goblin. :)
LOL, I should be ashamed of myself. I haven't been able to get it out this year. Keep planning to take it out and then I come home from work and its raining :(. Then when the weather gets better I have other family problems come up. I am itching to get it out again. On another note, when I was in Colorado (on one of the family problems) I bought a 1967 mustang I want to convert to a fastback lol. I will try to get it out and get some more pics Ross.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
LOL, I should be ashamed of myself. I haven't been able to get it out this year. Keep planning to take it out and then I come home from work and its raining :(. Then when the weather gets better I have other family problems come up. I am itching to get it out again. On another note, when I was in Colorado (on one of the family problems) I bought a 1967 mustang I want to convert to a fastback lol. I will try to get it out and get some more pics Ross.
Geez! that fastback conversion is a tall order! I like the fastbacks too, but I'd bet in the long run a convertable would be worth more and cost way less. BUT if you're like me and building with the ethos "that I Don't care if it's not worth a plug nickel after I'm gone" then remember to go for it! I have my doubts that GOB-BALT will ever have any value to anyone but me. When I'm gone I won't care either! Re-sale value is for people spending money for a return, and when I'm gone I ain't coming back.:cool:

WYGoblin

Geez! that fastback conversion is a tall order! I like the fastbacks too, but I'd bet in the long run a convertable would be worth more and cost way less. BUT if you're like me and building with the ethos "that I Don't care if it's not worth a plug nickel after I'm gone" then remember to go for it! I have my doubts that GOB-BALT will ever have any value to anyone but me. When I'm gone I won't care either! Re-sale value is for people spending money for a return, and when I'm gone I ain't coming back.:cool:
I will have well under 20k converting it to a fastback. That includes the price of the car, parts and any other body parts that it might need on the front (hood, fenders, etc). I think I can be around 20k almost finished (minus maybe the paint). The cheapest fastback I could find was 20k for just a rusted out roller. (No engine, trans, interior etc.) Not to mention I would have to purchase the other parts I would still have to fix all the rust on it. So that is why I decided to go the conversion route. Conversion parts are about 6k then just have to cut apart everything rear of the doors and roof, lol. Easy peezy lol. I expect it to be a long process.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
I will have well under 20k converting it to a fastback. That includes the price of the car, parts and any other body parts that it might need on the front (hood, fenders, etc). I think I can be around 20k almost finished (minus maybe the paint). The cheapest fastback I could find was 20k for just a rusted out roller. (No engine, trans, interior etc.) Not to mention I would have to purchase the other parts I would still have to fix all the rust on it. So that is why I decided to go the conversion route. Conversion parts are about 6k then just have to cut apart everything rear of the doors and roof, lol. Easy peezy lol. I expect it to be a long process.
Not meaning to sound rude but you've hung quarters before? they can be a challenge.

WYGoblin

Not meaning to sound rude but you've hung quarters before? they can be a challenge.
I personally haven't but I have friends that have (work in body shops) that are going to help me and to teach me. Always willing to learn but with something like this I want someone that knows what they are doing to guide me.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
I personally haven't but I have friends that have (work in body shops) that are going to help me and to teach me. Always willing to learn but with something like this I want someone that knows what they are doing to guide me.
It's not impossible, but experience and lots of patience helps! Pick a guru and follow. You'll get there. It's just that the quarter panels are "the immovable foundation" and everything has to line up to them. And the trunk panel is trapped between them, if they're not square it's gonna show. Welded some rod down one side of a trunk lid to fill a wide seam, it was my DD 84 Regal NOT a show car so no sin. After doing that I happened to notice a 65 Shelby at a show with the same treatment. They hadn't even bondo'd between the little spot welds on the underside. That owner was pissed! What he spent for the car he could have had trunk lids reproduced.