Youtube October 2022

Chubbs

As soon as I saw a 4-wheeled Polaris, I thought it was an excellent alternative to the goblin for those that didn't want to build a full car.

I'm disappointed in how expensive the conversion kit is though. They vary based on brand, but the cheaper ones I've found are in the $7k range. So now you need a slingshot (looks like about $25k), plus a conversion kit, and then you have a NA ecotec that's heavier than a goblin and costs a lot more.

They still look cool though. Maybe DF could design a 4 wheel kit for cheaper? It's just some tube steel control arms, some shocks, hubs, and a donor rear diff. Seems right in line with the stuff DF does.

Ross

Goblin Guru
As soon as I saw a 4-wheeled Polaris, I thought it was an excellent alternative to the goblin for those that didn't want to build a full car.

I'm disappointed in how expensive the conversion kit is though. They vary based on brand, but the cheaper ones I've found are in the $7k range. So now you need a slingshot (looks like about $25k), plus a conversion kit, and then you have a NA ecotec that's heavier than a goblin and costs a lot more.

They still look cool though. Maybe DF could design a 4 wheel kit for cheaper? It's just some tube steel control arms, some shocks, hubs, and a donor rear diff. Seems right in line with the stuff DF does.
DF already does make a 4 wheel kit for the Polaris... at least they did make it. Not sure if they still are making it. That is what Dale is referring to when he said "a silent nod to DFKit 324 ".

The Polaris is a belt drive to the rear wheels, and the 324 kit has a drive shaft. So that has to be included in the kit too. Not sure how they convert the transmission output 90 degrees. You also forgot about brake rotors and calipers. So a lot goes into this kit.

It is cheaper just to buy a used Goblin.

Chubbs

DF already does make a 4 wheel kit for the Polaris... at least they did make it. Not sure if they still are making it. That is what Dale is referring to when he said "a silent nod to DFKit 324 ".

I completely missed that. But I found it on facebook. https://m.facebook.com/dfkitcar/photos/project-324-kits-start-at-5599-head-to-our-website-for-more-details-dfkitcar-pro/2474895482778901/

Can't find it now though. I guess it went away like the Goblin AT?

Shame, it looks like their kit is (was) $1500 cheaper than most others. Wonder why it wasn't popular enough to keep it around?

EDIT: Found this:

Looks like maybe they were just too busy with goblin stuff. So they outsourced, and now the kit is $1500 more than DF was charging.