Zack Graber’s City frame #239 - 08 2.2 supercharged auto

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Here’s also a tease of what I plan on doing to my hood. My wife is getting me a 3D printer for Christmas, so hopefully I can make the heat extractor scoop out of ABS and share it with anybody else who has the guts to cut up their $800 hood. If not I’ll go old school and fab a one off piece out of sheet metal. View attachment 18658
I haven’t decided whether to do a C7 Jake skull like this yellow vette or do the new C8 version like this. Thoughts?View attachment 18657
BTW I have a vinyl cutter ;)

Goblin Graber

After sitting in the car last night staring at a piece of cardboard for an hour, smoking a couple cigarettes, staring at it some more I randomly flipped the box over and jammed it in there. This is definitely the look!

The curve of the bottom gauges mirrors the windshield frame really nice. The bottom left one is tucked behind the steering wheel which will work perfect for the wideband. That way the number changing isn’t distracting at night. I still have two more to put above the column. I think that’ll be a great place for the oil pressure and boost gauges. Aka the most important and most satisfying ones to look at. :cool:

This gives me a good direction to go. Kinda Shelby Cobraish but with a little Goblin style with the tach and speedo in the middle.
E34F2353-DE57-42FD-A964-3BD95C681C4E.jpeg
C1EC5640-9688-418E-94A7-9F9E60596295.jpeg
E0591522-563B-4B25-862B-EFD8A36D18B9.jpeg

Goblin Graber

I’ve been too busy to go get a tank of shielding gas so not much going on. I did get a box full of loom from Towerdog yesterday. I really appreciate it! Now I can get my engine harness dialed in.

I’m not running the cobalt cluster so is there any reason I need to keep the factory low oil sensor and coolant temp sensor? If not I can just replace them with the ones that came with the gauges.

I probably need to keep the coolant temp sensor, but that’s easy to find a spot. The low oil pressure sensor is the one I’m really curious about before I do my engine harness.

Last edited:

Goblin Graber

Did you use the DF supplied steering adapter with the NRG 3 to 6 bolt adapter?
For now I did with the 1/2” think NRG 3 to 6 bolt adapter. I think I’ll go back and swap it for a short hub for a couple reasons. One it could still be closer to the dash, and two I want the horn button on the wheel to work.

For reference one using NRG seats on DF brackets in the middle holes. I’m 5’8” and can’t go to the back holes or the gas pedal is too far away. The steering wheel would feel way better with the seat back another inch.

Last edited: