ZZP stage 1 MAP sensor upgrade

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I am preparing to flash an upgraded tune to my ECU. First time and getting some help from anther builder.

The tune assumes the MAP sensors are the upgraded 3 bar version. I got them from ZZP. I swapped out the sensor in the intake tube. It looked the same as the old one and the four prong plug matched up well.

I pulled the MAP on the intake manifold and was surprised to see something different. This is the one with three wires running to it. The plug does match up exactly. For those who have done this, does the new sensor look correct? I just want to get a sanity check before proceeding. I would hate to go through this process and have issues related to the sensor.

First two pics are of the intake manifold sensors - old on the top.
Last pic shows the intake tube sensor as well on the top - just for reference.

I was careful to mark the orientation of the old intake tube sensor. Is the MAP sensor directional? (I know the MAF is) I do not see any arrow on the new sensor.

IMG_8494.jpgIMG_8495.jpgIMG_8496.jpg

Last edited:

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
You have the right stuff. Here's mine with a 3D printed bracket (also included). See my sig for an HP Tuners baseline tune.

View attachment 15411
Thanks for the confirmation. Appreciated.

I remember someone talking about having to drill out the mounting hole a little. Mine lined up perfectly on the intake tube, but it was about 1/4 of the bolt hole off from being lined up on the intake manifold. So, I just knocked out the reinforcing metal with a punch. Fits well now. I will be careful not to overly tighten against the plastic.

IMG_8497.jpg

Ross

Goblin Guru
What ECU are you running, and can it be tuned for the additional air the supercharger will be cramming into your 2.2L engine?
The L61 Gen1 donor cars have a ECU that nobody tunes.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I have a 2007 2.2L and am Supercharging it, I currently have this MAF sensor on the intake, can someone confirm if this will be okay reading for the SC?

Will I need the bosh part #0281002845 above instead? I have a 4 bar MAP sensor from the ZZP SC Kit, not sure what the MAF is supposed to be.
I dont have either of the ones @JBINTX showed. I have the one from ZZP linked above. Asking if it will work for a SC'ed 2.2L with a 4 bar MAP sensor.
Not sure what the question is. MAP Sensor and MAF sensor are not really tied together in any way. MAP measures pressure. MAF measures airflow.
If you are asking if they will work period;

MAF should work but depends on size of intake tube where MAF is located (should work if tube is anything like a normal size). I'm not aware of limitations in any ECM for values here, within reason.

MAP should work as long as the ECM will take the correct linear/offset settings for the sensor. But there are limitations on what some ECMs will take for these values.

MattyP

I wasn't sure if the sensor I had was like 2,3 or 4 bar. Or if I needed to upgrade my MAF since I put the SC on like I had to with the MAP since it couldn't read the higher psi. My intake is fine at 3in wide,and about 16in long.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Shouldn't be any reason to update the MAF that I'm aware of. You will just have to see where it lands on the frequency to airmass curve though to confirm.