Recent content by syntroniks

1. S

SAI Steering axis inclination, little return-to-center action

That's a great idea, I definitely hear some groaning noises. I'll look into the preload :)
  2. S

SAI Steering axis inclination, little return-to-center action

I have (gen 2?) attachments from the upper/lower control arms to the uprights. They are the angled steel units (not machined aluminum). I haven't measured my SAI but from my understanding it is the angle between the upper/lower control arm spherical bearings and the upright (NOT camber). Do...
  3. S

Manny's City Goblin - 07 SS/SC Donor

That is surprising. I was under the impression that MD registration was not too much of a hassle. Glad to hear there are people interested in purchasing finished kits though. Your build looks fantastic. Good luck on the next project!
  4. S

What is everyone's average final cost to build?

Exocet: Looked too easy for me -> body replacement on a Miata FFR 818: Now that they have a coupe version, I would consider it but the cost would definitely be higher than a Goblin, pushing it out of my budget DF Goblin: Build videos (still waiting on the last ones! :D) Newly designed kit, good...
  5. S

Texas Revoking Titles (and how you can help)

Thank goodness. Good work to everyone involved.
  6. S

Amazon Wiring Plugs

I bought those plugs (unassembled, not pigtail) and I would not recommend them because they can't be disassembled. I'm wavering between metri-pack and deutsche. I'll probably go with metri-pack. Good detective work.
  7. S

Goonzsquad youtube coverage

Hey, wiring's the fun part! I've got ~25 hours in it. I doubt they will swing for more detail at the cost of entertainment :(
  8. S

Nilbog's Matte Blaze 08 LT

It should use MAP/MAF sensors. There's a toggle in the ECU calibration for "supercharger equipped". Some of the turbo swap people like JSATX know more about that. I plan to turbo my 2.2 L61
  9. S

Warning - Clutch Fluid Level

This is very good information as I start to fill things up with fluid. Some people advise against using standard rubber (fuel) hose for brake fluid but it is just so convenient. So it looks like the solution is to fill the heck out of the reservoir and make sure it is level. ...or move to a...
  10. S

Seatbelt harness mounting??

I've got racequip 5pt cam. Get cam locks if you're going to go to the library or grocery store. For track only, latch & link will save you $$. If I were to do it again, I'd get the corbeau ones. They look just a bit cooler. The seat belt bolts should be 7/16-20 or M11 x 1.25 as I've been told.
  11. S

syntroniks' City Goblin - Pontiac G5 donor

Long time no update. Took some time off in the heat of summer. Engine ready to go in. It is rather easy to lift the frame up and drop it onto the engine with one person. After the engine was installed, I only dropped the car twice. Talk about scary. It gets heavy quick, and the center of...
  12. 20181020_150511.jpg

20181020_150511.jpg

13. 20181020_124526.jpg

20181020_124526.jpg

14. 20181013_105416.jpg

20181013_105416.jpg

15. 20181013_105407.jpg

20181013_105407.jpg