Search results

1. Desert Sasqwatch

2009 SS/TC Parts car

The better half needs a toy to drive too!!! :p
  2. Desert Sasqwatch

Josh's City Goblin - 10 XFE Donor

@Chris_WNC is a fiberglassing newbie, my comment was mainly for his info. :D
  3. Desert Sasqwatch

Caution- use epoxy resin when fiberglass on foam. The 'bondo' polyester resin will eat the foam if it is not coated first - latex paint could be used as a coating. The epoxy resin is typically available from boating or aircraft suppliers.
  4. Desert Sasqwatch

LaunchPad & OldB1's technology demonstrator -09 SS donar- #109

Adam is getting married soon, so the Doyle's extra time might be preoccupied with this special event.
  5. Desert Sasqwatch

Will you be adding a fan to the heat exchanger? There is plenty of room inside the side pod from your mockup. Maybe a small fan (6 inch) over 1/2 of the face, leaving the other 1/2 exposed for natural airflow while moving - that way you can still get some cooling when stopped or moving in slow...
  6. Desert Sasqwatch

Ghostknife's #383 Track SS/SC

Which stupid wheel trend? The stick them completely outside the wheel wells: Or the wheels with rubber bands for tires: Or the jack it into the sky and don't have enough money for tires to fill up the wheel wells:
  7. Desert Sasqwatch

Ross's extended city, easy entry Goblin- 06 SS/SC, NW Arkansas

Transmission oil pump and filter?
  8. Desert Sasqwatch

The NV4500 has a super low first gear and a wiiiiiiide gear spread - it is typically driven as a 4 speed for most driving, starting off in 2nd gear (with short stockish tires and not towing obviously). The gear case is larger and heavier (iron case) than a 'stock' NV2500 or NV3500 manual...
  9. Desert Sasqwatch

The 4L80e is the Turbo 400 of the electronic controlled ATs for GM. Just me, but I would leave it an automatic and learn to relax your left leg while towing. ;):D
  10. Desert Sasqwatch

Desert Sasqwatch #155 Track (mods) - 08 SS/TC crate LNF F40

The 'cubby' is sloped forward, does have a couple drain holes at the low (forward) point, and will be lined with thin carpet material to keep items from rattling around. I still have to figure out the ignition switch configuration and mount that will reside above the 'cubby'. It will also need a...
  11. Desert Sasqwatch

Ross's extended city, easy entry Goblin- 06 SS/SC, NW Arkansas

Adversity is the mother of invention! Great thinking to make up a tool that works easily. Patent? :D
  12. Desert Sasqwatch

Desert Sasqwatch #155 Track (mods) - 08 SS/TC crate LNF F40

Update on the dash assembly: got the frame all measured and fabbed up - tweaked to fit correctly. The frame contour follows the underside rear edge of the hood (as close as my tooling will allow for bending the 3/4 inch tube) to try to minimize the gap. It incorporates a center 'waterfall" frame...
  13. Desert Sasqwatch

[FS]: Seats, free to a good home (read: a Goblin builder)

I'm giddy with anticipation! ;)
  14. Desert Sasqwatch

2009 SS/TC Parts car

I'm sure @comegetjoe could be obliged to part with his speed-hood to make Gobalt look the part it is meant to play! :p I'm sure a deal could be struck and a pickup during one of your future traveling adventures taking place. ;)
  15. Desert Sasqwatch

[FS]: Seats, free to a good home (read: a Goblin builder)

Jeremy, what are you replacing these seat with? Just curious. :D But these do look comfy and do fit inside the cockpit. Would be a good upgrade from the stock Cobalt seats for someone close by you. ;)
  16. Desert Sasqwatch

2009 SS/TC Parts car

That hood has got ro be worth 25 HP and 15 MPH to the top end of any Cobalt it's installed on! :D
  17. Desert Sasqwatch

My goblin is......

Goblins are getting famous all over the place! Who's is this? This photo is on ebay with the Wing Logic listing photo galley. :D 70" Car Racing Rear Wing Airfoil Spoiler Race NASA SCCA Gridlife Time Attack TT | eBay
  18. Desert Sasqwatch

Happy B-Day Lonny

Happy Birthday Lonny! Hope it's a good one! :D
  19. Desert Sasqwatch

The 'U' (135? 180?) should be 2.75 inches (70 mm) on both ends to mate with the DF MAP pipe - or sized to match the MAP you will be using.
  20. Desert Sasqwatch

Turbo inlet (T04) is 2.36 inches (60 mm) - needs a reducer joint from 3.0 inches from the MAF pipe. Turbo outlet (T04) is 2.0 inches (50 mm) - needs an expansion joint to match the inlet to intercooler (2.5 inches?). The intercooler outlet 2.5 inches?) - needs an expansion joint for the 2.75...