Search results

1. Floyd

Intake Leak around the M62 Bypass Valve Shaft?

Alright, after reading a bunch of different forums, I think I found the solution. There are 2 needle bearings that the bypass valve shaft rides on. The closed end uses a closed end bearing, and the end the shaft comes out of and attaches to the bypass valve is an open bearing. The bypass valve...
  2. Floyd

Intake Leak around the M62 Bypass Valve Shaft?

So, to give some context, I've always noticed a minor throttle hesitation. A time gap between blipping the throttle and the revs responding. Especially noticeable when revving while sitting stationary. And also what sounds like a vacuum leak when it occurs. It was never terrible and I kind of...
  3. Floyd

Floyd's City #180 - 2006 SS/SC - 3rd Round

I also recently got a P2128 "Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 2 Circuit" code. So I replaced the accelerator pedal with an ACDelco OEM replacement and it greatly improved the throttle. It's much less jerky at low speeds, and also jerks less when slightly bumping the pedal while hitting bumps...
  4. Floyd

Got the billet shifter installed. The old shifter was had a weak/rusty return spring and the whole tunnel cap would flex and the shifter would move when pushing over from center. It caused more than a couple mis-shifts. I sized up the holes on the tunnel cap and also drilled and installed M4...
  5. Floyd

It should be 0-5v. That said, I have not got to really test it beyond seeing that it was reading values when I turned the key on. I got it from the datasheet here: https://www.plxdevices.com/v/vspfiles/support/user_guides/SM-AFRGen2_user_guide.pdf
  6. Floyd

Time to feed some wideband signal into this old ECU for data logging in HP Tuners. Used a $1 Delphi pigtail to make an adapter harness and hook my wideband signal directly to the wiring harness. Side note, save yourself some headache and make sure to assemble your Deutsch connectors...
  7. Floyd

Spun out a few times. Really got to learn the limits and the instructors I had were great.
  8. Floyd

Speaking of autocross, I did participate in a solo points event about a month ago. I realized that I needed this driving school. I slow down too much for the turns. I essentially end up drag racing between the corners. I have to work on carrying more speed through the corners. My time improved...
  9. Floyd

I've been busy over the last week. Nothing like an autocross event to prompt getting some work done. I have an autocross driving school on Saturday and a solo points event on Sunday. Finally got the button panel all wired up. I also got the steering rack limiters installed and I replaced...
  10. Floyd

Sounds good! I think we're probably the only ones in KY that could even be there right now. You'll get to see me making a fool of myself. Haha, I'm sure it'll be a long time before I even start to scratch the surface of what it's capable of. I have a lot to learn as a driver. Should be fun.
  11. Floyd

I will go to the Lexington one. I'm lucky that they have the Lexington events near the horse park. It's only a few miles from where I live.
  12. Floyd

I still have a long list of small things to do, and I have visions in my head for customizing a lot of things, but work has been keeping me extra occupied recently. I do plan to get some time autocrossing it this year. I'd rather spin it out in a parking lot first. I haven't has a car with a...
  13. Floyd

For Sale #252 NA Auto Standard Frame

Wow, that should sell really quickly.
  14. Floyd

Just a quick update. The exhaust manifold torque was all good. And I've taken it for a couple drives since my last post and the AFR issue I was seeing has sorted itself out. I realized what probably caused it. Early in the winter, I took apart the intake, used MAF cleaner on the MAF, used tb...
  15. Floyd

(SOLD) Possible Project Donor - Upcoming auction for Wrecked 2006 SS LSJ - Boston MA

Looks like maybe about 100k miles. The rear end is absolutely obliterated, but the frontend looks like it's in decent shape. Lot #73693052 You can look it up on autobidmaster/abetterbid/copart/etc https://abetter.bid/en/1073693051-2006-chevrolet-cobalt_ss
  16. Floyd

Dual headlights low and high beam

When I was putting in a diode on the intercooler fan, I actually printed a diagram and laid it next to me. I kept getting anxious I would put it in backwards. You may already have some diodes, but if not, I ended up buying the same diode on amazon that others have suggested...
  17. Floyd

New Dzus, No More Loose: I replaced my Dzus fasteners tonight with allen head Dzus. For reference, I ordered some suggested in another thread: https://www.ebay.com/itm/332408339388 For the life of me, I couldn't get the old fasteners to fully hook into the frame, and the slots on the fasteners...
  18. Floyd

Goblin Rear Control Arms

I had mentioned this in my build thread, but I wanted to see more opinions. My goblin does not have the "control arm support brackets". They are referred to in the Haynes manual as "movement limiting brackets". There are 4 of them: one for each of the bolts that attach the control arms to the...
  19. Floyd

The Haynes manual refers to them as "movement limiting brackets" and gives a warning about not reinstalling them.
  20. Floyd

I ordered a button panel and the steering rack limiters. I have already wired a connector for the button panel side of the of the wires. I have never used Deutsch connectors before, but they are great. I also got some great heatshrink labels on amazon. They just go in a label maker I already...