Search results

1. PMF1

People recognizing the Goblin

The Z54 seems like a pretty good option. It's ~$700 cheaper and still a bolt on replacement. I just started reading up on different turbos and it sounds like the EFR (not sure why I typed ZRP instead of ZFR) from Borg Warner is the turbo everyone is raving about. The EFR seems like it'll produce...
  2. PMF1

People recognizing the Goblin

I found out about the Goblin after seeing it on Matt's Off the Ranch channel a few weeks ago. I wonder which turbo he is upgrading to? ZZP's ZFR?
  3. PMF1

LTG and F40 instead of LSJ and turbo swap?

A red hot turbo doesn't seem to be a large concern for igniting gasoline. Getting cooked by the exhaust manifold right behind the driver's seat might not be a lot of fun though.
  4. PMF1

I completely agree. LSD equipped cobalts are even harder to find than a cheap LNF cobalt. I'll definitely want an LSD and from what I've seen this is another reason to go with an F40. A Quaife LSD for the F40 will run you $1100 shipped and is much easier to install compared to an F35. You could...
  5. PMF1

Anyone interested in the DF Goblin is all about finding the most performance (fun) in the cheapest package. The cobalt SS route has proven to be a great way to go. I very well may go the LSJ + ZZP turbo swap route with my own build but I wanted to see what other more knowledgeable gearheads had...