Search results

1. jamesm

SS/SC Shift cable mount

Hey y'all. For those of you that used a SS/SC donor, did you get a mount in your kit to attach the shifter cable to the transmission or did you use the one off your donor? I'm swapping from a base model donor to an SC but the donor's mount is too close to the shift levers on the transmission...
  2. jamesm

SC pulley puller

Hey. Does anyone have a supercharger pulley puller tool they’d be willing to rent/sell? I’ve tried 3 different puller tools and none of them got the job done so I guess I need the real deal.
  3. jamesm

LSJ crank pulley

I’m part way through reassembling my LSJ and I feel like I missed something on the crank snout. The main pulley slides all the way down until it touches the block. I’ve been back through all the parts I have left and nothing is standing out as missing but something is definitely wrong…. what...
  4. jamesm

Anybody need an SS/SC donor

I saw this pop up in Facebook marketplace. I don’t know the seller but it looks like it’d be a good donor vehicle. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/669748450903380/
  5. jamesm

SC Rebuild

As some of you know, I bought a '07 SS/SC a while back as an upgraded donor. I'm starting to plan out the rebuild and I'm looking for suggestions on potential upgrades or modifications. I want to maintain the streetability since my wife enjoys cruising around the lake and backroads but I do...
  6. jamesm

QR Code Sticker

Since I get asked about my car by multiple people everywhere I go, I've been considering getting a qr code sticker to put on the side panel of my wing. Before I got any, I was curious if anyone else might want one. This is what I'm thinking:
  7. jamesm

Tow rigs

Hey all, I’m curious about everyone’s tow rigs. What kind of vehicle do you use to tow your goblin? Do you use a trailer or flat tow? If you use a trailer, what kind/size? What kind of fuel mileage do you get? What do you like/ or like about your towing setup? My primary rig is a 2011...
  8. jamesm

eBay turbo

I came across this turbo kit on eBay and was curious if anyone else has looked at them. https://www.ebay.com/itm/ECOTEC-2-0-2-2-2-4-4CYL-T3-T4-TURBO-CHARGER-25-PSI-PIPING-KIT-BOV-HORN-OIL-LINES-/352343573251 If it’s really just bolt on and add a tune, a grand doesn’t sound that bad for more...
  9. jamesm

Advice for Autocross Beginners

Hey all. We're going to (hopefully) attend our first autocross event in May. I've been reading through all the newbie pages I can find but I wanted to ask here too. What advice would you give to a new person that's racing for the first time? What things should I watch out for?
  10. jamesm

Good roads in NW Florida

We're going to vacation in NW Florida (Navarre Beach area) the first week in June. I'm planning on bringing my Goblin, we've been wanting to drive down the beach roads with the top down, so to speak. I was curious if y'all had some recommendations for good roads that'd be fun and/or interesting...
  11. jamesm

SOLD - Corbeau FX1 Seats & Belts

My wife decided she wants adjustable seats in our Goblin (I think she really wants to drive it but she's too short to reach the pedals...) She also decided she didn't like the black seat belts because they get hot in the sun. As you all know "Happy Wife, Happy Life" so I let her pick out new...
  12. jamesm

Improving performance

So I've been kicking around the idea of adding some ponies to my Goblin. Looking at the cost of some of the aftermarket performance parts, I'm starting to wonder if it might be cheaper/easier to find an SC or TC donor and harvest the engine/bcm/wiring/etc and do a transplant. What do y'all think?
  13. jamesm

Cell phone mounts

My search-fu is failing me. Seems like we've discussed this before but I can't find it. What are y'all using for cell phone mounts?
  14. jamesm

Run wiring through frame

Is anyone running any wiring through the frame tubes? Any tips or recommendations? I have the wires for my light bar zip tied to the frame and it looks pretty crappy so I want to run them inside the frame.
  15. jamesm

Car show/fly-in

Our local field had a fly-in today and had a small car show so I couldn’t help but take the goblin over there. It was a ton of fun to talk to all the people that were interested in the goblin. There were several really nice cars and a crazy sleeper. That beat-up Chevy pickup has a custom...
  16. jamesm

Wheels and tires

Where’s the best place to get wheels and tires?
  17. jamesm

Donor for sale - 2006 LS - Already stripped

If you've read my build log, you know that I ended up with two donors (long story)... I finally got the title mess cleaned up so I'm ready to sell the red donor. Since I was partway through the teardown, I decided to just finish it so I could scrap the hull this week. I will provide a photocopy...
  18. jamesm

Mirror turn signal wiring

Ok, I give, how are the turn signals on the mirrors wired up? I can only get one small portion of it to light up (the yellow marker light on the outer edge).
  19. jamesm

Side panels

How do the side panels mount? I found one tab that I'm guessing is for the panel but I don't see any pre-drilled holes in the frame anywhere.
  20. jamesm

Remaining connectors after thinning

Does anyone have a list (preferably with pictures) of all the connectors that should be left after the thinning videos are complete?