Search results

1. lksohm

Taking a plunge into machining

With my Goblin being 95% where I want it. I am moving on to other bucket list hobbies that I want to take on. I blame the Goblin for kinda ruining car projects for me. They all seem pretty tame now. I am by no means getting rid of the Gob, but rather want to integrate the lathe into projects. I...
  2. lksohm

P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Malfunction

Hello all, As I can finally get the Gob out this spring I keep randomly getting this P0335 code. Donor is a 2007 LSJ Symptoms: While driving the engine goes limp and dies Tach goes to zero Car won't restart for a minute or two then fires right up as if nothing has happened. Car will crank and...
  3. lksohm

Sticky tires+ road rocks= need new mirrors

So, after a season and >4000 miles of using the donor's street tires I upgraded to some toyo proxes. Within the first 2 miles of driving I had broken both of my side mirrors from road rocks. Granted, the roads are still being cleared of all the winter's accumulation, but still, I hadn't even...
  4. lksohm

Question about inaccurate odometer (not goblin related)

I have been looking for a small pickup to buy for a while now and found this. A 2011 ford ranger with an odometer reading of 357,XXX miles! The body is in great shape, not a speck of rust and runs like a top. I refuse to believe that a vehicle can be this clean with this many miles. I have been...
  5. lksohm

Cobalt based "sand rail" for sale

This is for sale in my area. It's even street legal. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/351969842404804/ Looks like more than a few people see the potential of this platform.
  6. lksohm

Brake booster repair

I learned something about brake boosters tonight that I would be happy not knowing. While attaching the push rod from the brake booster to the brake pedal I pushed the booster with no master cylinder attached. This detached two parts inside of the booster. I managed to fish the parts out of the...
  7. lksohm

Luke's City Frame Goblin '07 SS/SC Registered!!!!

Hi everyone, I have been looking at building a Goblin for over a year. I found a good donor last month and ordered the kit last week. I found a '07 SS/SC that nailed a deer for $1400. I'm starting to make decent progress on tearing it apart. Just have to get the two rear subframe bolts out then...