Ark's City Goblin (2007 2.0L LSJ donor) - Aborted mission

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Unfortunately I don't think I'm going to get much value out of the leftover parts. Only the passenger door is perfect; the driver's door, the hood, and the trunk lid all have a single, very small dent in them and the one on the hood has a little rust on it. Maybe someone will be desperate, I don't know. The glass is all perfect which might help me out. The passenger seat and the backseat are also perfect but really need cleaned up, while the driver's seat is ripped to pieces.

I did come across my first real hiccup last night. This car was abandoned and sat for a couple years without running, so it goes without saying one must change the fuel filter, drain the old gas, replace with new gas, change the oil, etc. I used the fuel pump relay short trick to drain the gas, then got under it to change the fuel filter. Well, the fuel line must have been degraded, because the end of it snapped off inside the old fuel filter. I guess I will either have to settle for not running it at all before I finish parting it out, or I will have to locate another one of that section. I don't want to spend $160 on a brand-new set of fuel lines that I'll use to run the car only a handful of times.

Last edited:

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Unfortunately I don't think I'm going to get much value out of the leftover parts. Only the passenger door is perfect; the driver's door, the hood, and the trunk lid all have a single, very small dent in them and the one on the hood has a little rust on it. Maybe someone will be desperate, I don't know.
My hood was rusted across the front lip. Guy hit a deer and needed a hood I got $15 for it.

Motoracer110

Has anyone exercised the option to have DF Kit Car rework their harness? Just curious what they'd charge for this. I would likely try it myself first, but if the cost isn't too bad.....
I just saw this post, I spent about 10 hrs on my harness and got to the very last task on the thinning out the wires and found out a few wires are different on the turbo cars so I stopped and sent the harness in. Come to find out the price is extra if you start the harness and they finish because they need to check everything and make sure there is no mess ups. I know I would have hooked my harness up and something would be wrong and unfortunately I can’t read car schematics to be able to fix whatever would be wrong so now I have peace of mind. Well worth it IMO

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
My harness is basically done, but I would really like to have it validated by DF. I wonder what the charge would be for that?

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
My harness is basically done, but I would really like to have it validated by DF. I wonder what the charge would be for that?
Man, at this point just plug it in and see if it all is good to go. Removing the harness isnt really that tough if you find you need to track down wires.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
I just saw this post, I spent about 10 hrs on my harness and got to the very last task on the thinning out the wires and found out a few wires are different on the turbo cars so I stopped and sent the harness in. Come to find out the price is extra if you start the harness and they finish because they need to check everything and make sure there is no mess ups. I know I would have hooked my harness up and something would be wrong and unfortunately I can’t read car schematics to be able to fix whatever would be wrong so now I have peace of mind. Well worth it IMO
Where did you get caught up? The main thing is ensuring everything is marked. You essentially cut out everything you don't need. Some cars do have more then others.

The harness is a tough task. I thought for sure I was going to have some issues but somehow it came out fine.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Unfortunately I don't think I'm going to get much value out of the leftover parts. Only the passenger door is perfect; the driver's door, the hood, and the trunk lid all have a single, very small dent in them and the one on the hood has a little rust on it. Maybe someone will be desperate, I don't know. The glass is all perfect which might help me out. The passenger seat and the backseat are also perfect but really need cleaned up, while the driver's seat is ripped to pieces.

I did come across my first real hiccup last night. This car was abandoned and sat for a couple years without running, so it goes without saying one must change the fuel filter, drain the old gas, replace with new gas, change the oil, etc. I used the fuel pump relay short trick to drain the gas, then got under it to change the fuel filter. Well, the fuel line must have been degraded, because the end of it snapped off inside the old fuel filter. I guess I will either have to settle for not running it at all before I finish parting it out, or I will have to locate another one of that section. I don't want to spend $160 on a brand-new set of fuel lines that I'll use to run the car only a handful of times.
Ark, The only piece of straight and unblemished sheet metal on my donor was the driver side front fender. I sold everything except the trunk lid from the donor and made over $600 - and I still have an engine and trans to sell. If you list stuff for sale, go cheap and 'bundle' things that way you are sure to get rid of things.

BTW, can better describe the fuel line that broke or post a photo. One of us may have this sitting around or not being used from a donor in process that can be sent to you.

Goblin Guru
BTW, can better describe the fuel line that broke or post a photo. One of us may have this sitting around or not being used from a donor in process that can be sent to you.
I won't be able to get a photo of this for a few days. But, the broken line in question is labeled "3/8th inch Supply Line Section" in this image:

I don't think this is a terribly big deal though. I have a 20 meter length of fuel line and the correct ends; I can just run the length from the fuel filter to the engine for the purposes of finally getting the motor running, then disconnect and proceed with my part-out.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I won't be able to get a photo of this for a few days. But, the broken line in question is labeled "3/8th inch Supply Line Section" in this image:

I don't think this is a terribly big deal though. I have a 20 meter length of fuel line and the correct ends; I can just run the length from the fuel filter to the engine for the purposes of finally getting the motor running, then disconnect and proceed with my part-out.
OK, let us know your results. Hope everything fires right off and works correctly.

Goblin Guru
I'm not expecting it to. I am worse than a novice auto mechanic, and this is a non-running donor that was abandoned in a field for a couple years. Gonna be an adventure!

Goblin Guru
Would anyone with a 2.0L SS mind posting a picture of the fuse box under the hood, with the cover off but otherwise intact? Something's going on in mine; I suspect some of the relays are in backwards.

Also, does anyone have a complete SS vacuum diagram?

Thanks in advance!!

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Would anyone with a 2.0L SS mind posting a picture of the fuse box under the hood, with the cover off but otherwise intact? Something's going on in mine; I suspect some of the relays are in backwards.

Thanks in advance!!
I really don't believe that it matters on the orientation of the relay. The way they are design, I believe they will work in either direction. At least the relays used in this car.

Ross

Goblin Guru

Thanks in advance!!
Well the cover is off, but it is not under the hood. I haven't moved any fuses or relays, so it should be good for your checking.

Goblin Guru
FYI, I stumbled across this amazingly-useful video on YouTube last night. Perfect for novices like me that have a non-running engine. Next time I get a chance, I plan on going at it just like in the video: