Brake reservoir question.

Metal Mech

As seen in the photo, I have this tube sticking out the top of my reservoir.
Nothing was connected to it but I feel like there should be something. At least a cap? Open like that just asks for dirt and moisture to get into the brake fluid.

KingChuck24

It is supposed to be that way. I used it for power bleeding the brakes by hooking up a pump to that side and pressurizing it. I also have no idea if that did anything so maybe do some research before you do what I did.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
It is supposed to be that way. I used it for power bleeding the brakes by hooking up a pump to that side and pressurizing it. I also have no idea if that did anything so maybe do some research before you do what I did.
I don't think it did anything - that is not an open port.

I asked a similar question during my build and dropped a small screwdriver down there to discover it is closed.

Metal Mech

I don't think it did anything - that is not an open port.

I asked a similar question during my build and dropped a small screwdriver down there to discover it is closed.
Ok I will check into it. Hadn't really gotten close enough to really look down into it until now. I also have the hood off so much easier. Was starting to get worried something was missing or I took something off and forgot what it was. Been trying to label everything I might forget about later.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Ok I will check into it. Hadn't really gotten close enough to really look down into it until now. I also have the hood off so much easier. Was starting to get worried something was missing or I took something off and forgot what it was. Been trying to label everything I might forget about later.
Mine was sealed off as well and I cut that ish off. 2 grams of weight savings baby!