Coolant Filler T

finazzoty

Well folks I think today is finally first start day. That being said, I noticed late last night that I had one hose hanging loose:

there is no evidence however to suggest that this was once connected to anything. I’m assuming this is some sort of an overflow/breather hose. Can anyone confirm?

Ross

Goblin Guru
That is the filler for the intercooler coolant. The coolant only gets warm when using the supercharger while racing. Most of the time, the coolant is the same temperature as the air. Maybe you could get it hot with a turbo? I'm not sure that is a pressure cap, as my system never gets hot enough to make any pressure. My system is sealed, and doesn't have the overflow hose. Hopefully someone who is using that fill bottle can tell us.

finazzoty

Mine is LSJ-T (Z54), so I suppose we will see today (hopefully) just how hot it gets. That hose dangling from the top of the filler neck is what I'm unsure about - wondering if this varies between supercharger vs turbo applications. @Sluggonaut do you happen to know? I know you're also running an LSJ-T setup.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
That is an overflow drain and it's supposed to be open, whether supercharged or turbocharged (or both!)

If you're not careful you can pour straight into the hole in the neck and end up watering the ground instead of filling the intercooler system. If I fill my tee completely to the top, it tends to leak down to about half full, where it stays rock solid. Not sure why it doesn't like being full.