DF Surprise on Facebook ???!?!?!?!?!!!!

mnKevin

OK, a little clarification for my further education (lol). Someone mentioned Canada. 3-wheeled vehicles ARE allowed there.
Is this mainly for those who simply desire a 4-wheel version ( I would...)? Or is there a legal reason?
I’m referring to the Can-Am (see them everywhere by me and I live near and have installed dynos at Polaris R&D)

askiles

Goblin Guru
OK, a little clarification for my further education (lol). Someone mentioned Canada. 3-wheeled vehicles ARE allowed there.
Is this mainly for those who simply desire a 4-wheel version ( I would...)? Or is there a legal reason?
This has nothing to do with Canada...LOL

Brian74

Goblin Guru
What ever it is it will keep his people busy which will prolong the life of the company. Diversity in product does nothing but make everything more better. If he got a contract to build the Exocet chassis would be good for thing with every thing they have going on.

Brad
I was very careful about investing in the Goblin and did a ton of research a few years ago before jumping in. Lonny and Adam never run out of ideas and are awesome to their customers. They seem to have been very busy with the Goblin. This new project just tells me they finally found a small amount of spare time to explore a new project.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Does anyone know how this affects the licensing of the vehicle? The whole reason behind the three wheels is that in most states they are considered a motorcycle. I assume as long as you buy it as originally built, you can license it as normal and then convert it with little to no issue. However, once it's sold is still able to be licensed as it was originally? Or is it considered to be a special vehicle?

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Does anyone know how this affects the licensing of the vehicle? The whole reason behind the three wheels is that in most states they are considered a motorcycle. I assume as long as you buy it as originally built, you can license it as normal and then convert it with little to no issue. However, once it's sold is still able to be licensed as it was originally? Or is it considered to be a special vehicle?
it’s not really different then selling any modified vehicle. It could never be sold that way NEW though. But Federal motor vehicle safety standards only apply to new vehicles.