Nuker's City Goblin build - 2007 SS SC Donor - Completed/Licensed

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Thanks Adam and Lonny for the just in time for the weekend shipping!

And with this last box I think I have everything for a road test and maybe even inspection!

The 3" exhaust looks good!
Nuker-

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I've ran into a weird problem. Started the car yesterday fired right up idled it for the whole warm up made sure the newly installed heat exchanger and inter cooler pump was circulating. No problems thermostat opened everything working great. About 2 hours later I go to start the engine again and it just cranks, No sputter no cylinders firing at all. It cranks solid battery is fine. The fuel pump kicks on to prime and I verified fuel pressure to the fuel rail. I have not tested spark yet, But what could of happened between shutting it off and starting later?

Thanks!
Nuker-

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Lost a ground maybe.

Check the o2 sensor as well. Mine was VERY unhappy when I tried to run it after forgetting I unplugged the primary 02

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Checked the 02 Sensor it is tight and connected. I'm going to go through the grounds tonight. If I don't see any missing grounds I'll pull a plug out and check for spark. If it is sparking I have no idea at this point. I just don't understand how it ran fine then nothing without anything changing.................

Nuker-

DanPerryy

I did blow an ECU - not sure how or why - could not re-flash it. I figured that a ground came loose. Luckily I had saved my flash (Adam) and I got a junkyard ECU and flashed it.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Well last night I pulled all of the plugs and put them back in to specs. They are black. I cranked for about 5-10 seconds and got some sputters and it started to fire a couple times enough to make the header pretty warm to the touch.

This is so crazy.

Nuker-

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Make sure you have enough fuel in the tank. Add a couple of gallons even if the fuel gauge says it is not empty.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Okay added more fuel showing a 1/2 tank now. I took the fuel line off the fuel rail and put the end in a bucket the fuel pump primed a lot of fuel into the bucket I'd say a couple cups worth.

When the fuel pump is done priming I push the little fuel button on the fuel rail. Am I correct to expect that this should be under pressure? When I push it even right after the pump prime it just barely comes out maybe a couple drops then nothing at all. This is after the pump prime and with the key still in the run position.

Nuker-

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
You can rent a fuel pressure gauge from your local auto parts store that attaches to your fuel rail. It should be around 58 lbs while the pump is running.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Okay added more fuel showing a 1/2 tank now. I took the fuel line off the fuel rail and put the end in a bucket the fuel pump primed a lot of fuel into the bucket I'd say a couple cups worth.

When the fuel pump is done priming I push the little fuel button on the fuel rail. Am I correct to expect that this should be under pressure? When I push it even right after the pump prime it just barely comes out maybe a couple drops then nothing at all. This is after the pump prime and with the key still in the run position.

Nuker-
I have wondered about that myself. When I press the valve in only a few drops comes out. Even after the pump has primed and the line is pressurized.

While I would agree you should attach or buy a gauge (the fuel rail valve is -4an making it very easy to adapt) I don't think your problem is with the valve.

I put a gauge in my actual fuel line, and run the nitrous fuel supply from that valve with the plunger removed.
IMG_7561.JPG

Edit: the pressure is rarely that high. I happened to take a picture right as it was priming. It settles on 55-60 once running.

Last edited:

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Well I guess this would be a problem lol......

Now what the hell could be causing that out of nowhere. I think I'll go buy another new fuel filter and start there. The fuel pump and filter are both brand new not reused from the cobalt.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B70aLtzjTRE4bm92Ynh4Q05CdTQ

Nuker-
Not all fuel gauges will depress the Schrader valve. Are you sure it's being depressed? I'd remove it all together to make sure because depressing it all the way can also mess up your readings.