Outdoor Carpet

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I’m contemplating putting some thin outdoor carpet between the flooring and the frame? Only downside I see is that it may wear out someday and I’ll need to drill out the rivets to replace?

What ever floor mats I used on Goblin 1.0 always moved while climbing in and out.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I think someone on the forum attached (glued?) floor mats to aluminum sheets cut to the floor area between rails - stayed put no matter what. I can't find the thread, sorry.

Metal Mech

if you really want a outdoor carpet check out Bedrug. They make a generic square rug for pick up trucks. You would have to cut it down to fit, but should be able to use velcro to attach it to the floor. I have there bed liner in my truck and love it. Not a cheap option but a high quality one.

Goblinfanclub1234

I attached my floor with 6mm aluminum rivnuts (just the cheap set from harbor freight)
cheap rivnut tool

I used a super thin foam gasket to keep the floor from rattling 1/8" works
foam seal

I double sided taped down some cut to fit 5mm thick rubber gym floor mat inside the car
floor mat material

this has worked out great :)
my car is dusty and a little dirty but you get the idea.

Last edited:

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I glued boat carpet to pvc sheets cut to fit the floor. I will probably have to replace the driver side carpet before long. But I don't have any trouble with things moving. Before I did this the floormats wouldn't stay in place.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
I bought door mats from lowes and cut them down to make custom floor mats. I think quite a few folks have done a similar thing.