Smooth take off

Davidljones88

I've driven countless manual countless cars (as most enthusiasts gave), I sim race daily, and I raced motorcycles. However, when it comes to the Goblin, I've seen several videos of jerky/rough take offs at low speeds. I too had this problem. It's definitely harder to be smooth in this car. Or is this just in my head?

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
I found the easiest way to get a smooth take off is press your heel against the bar on the floor right in front of the pedals and rock your foot forward to ease the accelerator. If your heel isn’t used as a fulcrum, the car accelerates and then your foot gets light and the jerking starts.

RCK605

I found the easiest way to get a smooth take off is press your heel against the bar on the floor right in front of the pedals and rock your foot forward to ease the accelerator. If your heel isn’t used as a fulcrum, the car accelerates and then your foot gets light and the jerking starts.
You're foot can't bounce if its pressed firmly against the floor!

Goblinfanclub1234

I am posting a throttle spring setup I made that makes a huge difference go check it out under body and accessories

Last edited:

baustin

I find starting in my Goblin to be far smoother than my Tacoma. Much smoother starting from a stop and any other shift points. I also think my goblin setup is far smoother than the Subaru I used to drive. I do leave my heel on the floor and tend to have the right edge of my foot on the tunnel corner.

Goblin LSJ clutch setup: ZZP lightweight flywheel with friction surface, GMPP upgraded clutch, replacement ZZP throw out bearing

Tacoma clutch setup: 2017 3.5L V6 stock setup which includes a valve to limit abuse by preventing clutch dropping too fast, hill start brake assist I can't turn off