Ss trans mount

WA08TC

Am i missing something? I believe I mounted the trans in the correct hole. Forward trans mount isn't lining up.
16969838595682979762350956678972.jpg
16969838885299192129847197933964.jpg

Ross

Goblin Guru
Loosen the bolts holding the engine, jack the engine up (or lift with an engine hoist) an inch or so, and try to line up the bolts again.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I have to leave all the bolts to the subframe and engine loose and the jack up with a small piece if wood on that part of the front trans mount that goes in the bracket of your photo. That bolt also needs a little convincing to go in. It fits but barely

Rauq

Goblin Guru
I think I got that bolt in first and then slowly walked in the thru bolts into the trans a couple turns on each at a time. It does take a different bolt installation and tightening sequence every time.

Goblinfanclub1234

yes it will take some "persuasion" my dad set up some ratchet straps using his truck as an anchor, subframe was a little twisted haha.

95Blitz

Yeah get your drill and drill bits ready, I had to elongate the hole in the subframe to make mine work.

ATMironov

First time I put the motor in I put that bolt in when installing the sub frame before the rest of the subframe bolts. The second time, I forgot about it and had to loosen the motor/trans mounting bolts and use a ratchet strap, jack and a hammer to make it work.