Surging Idle Problems

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
I have a ground ran directly from the battery. I went ahead and did that to several locations in the car. I didn't want any ground issues.
****, you're on it at least.

Maybe start pulling connectors off sensors and ohm the wiring out looking for a short?

askiles

Goblin Guru
Andy, I hope this fixes your engine issues. It will be good to have your car on the road soon.
Oh it did. No more crazy surging idle. It surges a tiny bit now, maybe 1-200RPM’s, but very sporadic and not all the time, but I have heard this is very common and just is what it is. I went and drove it around, and I am loving it!!! That instant boost and whine is amazing.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
No need, I found the leak in the air system. The guy who rebuilt my supercharger left one of the bolts on the snout off. I smoke tested it and smoke came pouring out of the hole. Now to bolt it up and hope that fixes it. I’m actually surprised no supercharger fluid comes out of that hole.
That's crazy! And frustrating that someone else's incompetence has caused you so much aggravation.

askiles

Goblin Guru
That's crazy! And frustrating that someone else's incompetence has caused you so much aggravation.
When I sent him the supercharger to be ported and rebuilt, one of the bolts on the snout hosing was different than the rest. It was just a cheap hex head bolt that someone put in there. ...and it was leaking fluid. When he rebuilt it, he didn’t put that one back in. He should have thrown something in there. I also should have noticed it I guess. Oh well. Easy fix.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
When I sent him the supercharger to be ported and rebuilt, one of the bolts on the snout hosing was different than the rest. It was just a cheap hex head bolt that someone put in there. ...and it was leaking fluid. When he rebuilt it, he didn’t put that one back in. He should have thrown something in there. I also should have noticed it I guess. Oh well. Easy fix.
Did he put new fluid in? One would assume that he did. Since I had ours off, it was easy to dump it out and refill it for insurance.