TC Motor, Throttle Body Movement, Pre Start

ATMironov

I’m getting ready to fire the motor before I brake down the whole car for paint.
For those of you with an LNF, Turbo motor…
I’ve read over and over again that the throttle body should be moving when the car is in Run before starting.
When I put the car into run, the Throttle Body opens for a few seconds then closes. If I press the throttle it opens again for a few seconds then closes again, it will no longer open after that. See the video for reference. If I turn the ignition off, it all resets.
Can someone confirm this is normal behavior, or does your throttle body freely move while In Run, pre-start

Last edited:

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I’ve never checked mine to see if it opens repeatedly, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t. The only reason that it opens pre-running is to clear it if it floods. Beyond that the throttle is controlled by the ECM based upon desired torque. Not running, no available torque.

ATMironov

I’ve never checked mine to see if it opens repeatedly, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t. The only reason that it opens pre-running is to clear it if it floods. Beyond that the throttle is controlled by the ECM based upon desired torque. Not running, no available torque.
That’s what I’m figuring too, but hoping a Turbo owner could run out to the garage and check.

I’m in a rental garage, and I’m not going to be able to start the car for the first time at the garage, so I’m going to tow it to a friends place and I’m just trying to check off as much as I can before that.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I checked mine today. I pressed the accelerator pedal at least 4 times. Each time HP Tuner showed the throttle opening and I could hear it move.

Last edited:

ATMironov

I checked mine today. I pressed the accelerator pedal at least 4 times. Each time HP Tuner showed the throttle opening and I could here it move.
Hmmm... Someone else confirmed theirs reacts like mine does. I'm hoping to fire it up in the next couple of weeks. So we will see.
Thanks for looking at it.