Turbo Goblin New York.

Jlarson524

NYS requires the car to have bumpers and side marker lights as well as front parking lights and blinkers. We didnt think the blinkers and parking lights on the mirrors would be enough so we added our own front lights and just used the ones on the mirrors as extra lights. Along with these we decided to add our own light which i also have on my jeep.

The front and rear bumpers we got from Adam and Lonnie and I think they look pretty nice.
View attachment 6189
View attachment 6190
(You can see the front parking/signal lights on the front)

The side lights came with grommets so we were able to use a stepper drill and fit the front side lights snugly in the hood. The rear side lights actually went in a hole on the frame near the back. I don't know what it was meant for but with some shaving and forceful encouragement the fit very nicely in their permanent home. They wont come out even if we wanted them to :). We were thinking about putting them in the fenders but running wires wont last too long. We will most likely end up putting reflective tape on the fenders just so other drivers can tell how wide the car is.

View attachment 6191
View attachment 6192

You can also see the jeep lights on top of the bar. We routed the wired through the piping to the back of the center console. They aren't very bright but they do look nice.

The interior lights originally came from a light strip. The cold cracked the light and broke it at any bends so we could not use the strip as foot lighting. It is used as the lighting over the center console. The foot lighting is actually two of the license plate lights attached to the bar behind the dash. As long as the remaining light strip doesn't crack I think it will be useful at night.
Looks amazing!! Great work. I have a few questions for you. What headlights and turn signals up front did you go with? Also What thickness of wood did you go with for the dash? looks like plywood. What clamps did you go with for break lines and turn signals up front? Thank you for your time.

nicholas tiratsuyan

No sadly we dont. We just kit a general shape and shaved/sanded it down to fit. It was 3/4 inch thick wood but i would use 1/2 inch if i could do it again. The lights were motor cycle headlights for a harley. I dont remember where i got the claps them from but you can look up tube clamps.