Wanted: LSJ oil pan

Ross

Goblin Guru
Anyone have an oil pan for a supercharged 2.0L LSJ engine to sell?
I would prefer a used one that is original to the engine, but may have to settle for a newer oil pan that will fit.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Thanks Traé. Glad you found that.
The old oil pan didn't survive the Cobalt's final accident.
I knew it had a crack when I bought the car, but once I opened up the engine, it has multiple cracks, so I don't think it is repairable.
I'm learning the health of this LSJ, just doing minimal maintenance, hoping to have a reliable stock LSJ engine.
I won't be starting on the performance engine until I know I have a healthy, running goblin.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Well, I guess that oil pan was sold quickly... I thought I bought it, but no.

The seller canceled this item in your order on Jan 31.

So I am back looking for an LSJ oil pan.

Redrocket

Well, I guess that oil pan was sold quickly... I thought I bought it, but no.

The seller canceled this item in your order on Jan 31.

So I am back looking for an LSJ oil pan.
Why do you specifically want the lsj pan? The oil control in the pan kinda sucks but I have a b207 pan (same as the ss/sc pan) if you really want it.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I didn't know the oil control control sucked. I heard it has higher oil capacity.
I am trying to avoid a stamped metal pan, as the cast aluminum is stronger.
I do see some new ones on Ebay... that could work.

Redrocket

It is higher oil capacity but in my opinion that really doesn't matter if it can't control it. I put a LDK pan on mine when I resealed it and did the timing chains. I might have a pic with side by side view. I will look in my phone and see if I can did it up.

Redrocket

It is higher oil capacity but in my opinion that really doesn't matter if it can't control it. I put a LDK pan on mine when I resealed it and did the timing chains. I might have a pic with side by side view. I will look in my phone and see if I can did it up.
Dig... lol

Redrocket

Technically yes but mine was only about a 1/4 qt off what you can do is look up how much oil the vehicle takes that you are getting the swap pan from fill it up and mark the dipstick with a nib from a grinder for the new full mark.