WTB - Trans Bolt and C-Clips

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Anyone have one of the 18mm bolts that holds the transmission to the block? I misplaced 1 somehow.

Also, anyone have left over DF C-clips that hold the shifter cables onto the transmission shift arms? I placed mine in a baggy and must have thrown it out thinking it was empty.

95Blitz

Here ya go if no body comes through for ya.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Take a paper clip, push it thru the 2 holes in the rod end, (the green line)
then bend it 90 degrees, and then around the rod end.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Send me a message with your address and the length and pic of the bolt.(I think there are 2 lengths? and some have a stud? I don't think I have any of those but I'll look.) I'll mail you what you need.
A Big hardware store that sells those ball ends would have the clip. But a paper clip and a zip tie (to make sure it stays) would be an adequate kludge. Aircraft hardware store? Mower Parts? Grainger? Speedway, Jegs and Summit may sell those under Throttle linkage parts? We had a Great/Crazy hardware in ATl, "General Hardware" they had all that stuff! Metric Left hand threaded rod ends in 4 sizes anyone?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Rural King sells metric bolts by the pound. But please don’t designate bolts by the head size. It should be the diameter of the threaded portion.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Rural King sells metric bolts by the pound. But please don’t designate bolts by the head size. It should be the diameter of the threaded portion.
GT, you're in Huntsville too. You don't have this bolt or clip? Several spots on the bell housing if you use an off the shelf metric bolt the head is so big(20MM?) you can't get a wrench around it, thus the small head, 18mm flanged head style. Grade is 10.9

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I’m sure I have bolts that would work. Just not sure the time to connect up is worth the dollar it would cost to just buy one. Especially since I don’t know exactly what size/length we are talking about. He can figure out what diameter it is and buy every length anywhere close for just a few dollars.

And even if factory bolts are 10.9, that is overkill in this case. 8.8 will be plenty.

I don’t know why I would have any of the clips. I might, but it would be a case of digging to find something that might work. I don’t mind helping out, but in this case I don’t know that it makes economic since. However I do still need to return his instrument cluster that I tried, so if he wants to determine which bolt he needs, I’ll bring one with the cluster to work with me this week.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
And I replaced most of the factory trans to engine bolts with ones from Rural King, so in general they will work. May have been a few that I reused factory, I don’t remember.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I’m sure. I would just run to RK and get one but I’d like the heads all to match. It’s just easier when pulling the trans. Not a huge issue but just a little easier.