Recent content by TurboWood

1. T

LDK turbo powered Caterham 7

Just thought I would provide an update. It turns out Sean from Church Automotive near Long Beach is familiar with these ECM's and was able to get me tuned on his dyno. I achieved my target of 300hp with 320ft*lbs. I haven't had much time to drive it since, but it's certainly fast. My 245's may...
  2. T

Waterdriver: yes, dry sump George: not really, space is a problem. Brian: You are right. I started down the E69 path (still have an ECM if anyone needs one), but ended up with E39 through alpha fab. I just don’t have a lot of trust with trifecta and it felt like a very long path to having a...
  3. T

Thanks guys! My radiator is mounted in front of the engine radiator (really the only possible location). The core is 21x8" which was the absolute largest thing I could fit in the nose cone. My end tanks are only 3/4" which helped me avoid having end tanks in front of the engine radiator. I...
  4. T

LHU instead of LNF ?

For what it's worth, I assume you can run an LHU engine on the LNF electronics. I'm doing the exact opposite (LHU ECM on LDK engine). I can't speak to the transmission interface though. There are some notable differences, but nothing huge. The LNF uses a wideband O2 and has two knock sensors...
  5. T

Hello, I have a semi-new build of a Caterham 7 running an LDK with E39 (LHU) ECM. The car has about 600miles on it now. It's running off the base tune (just modified for standalone). It seems to run just fine, but I need to put it on the Dyno to tune WOT and the external WG. I'm running a...