09 SS TC 5-spd reparable trans?

This transmission fell into my lap but it is in rough shape. When it came out of the donor it had a cracked bell housing and mount from what I am assuming was the accident. It has a LSD but with F35 transmissions being expensive/hard to work on I am wondering if it is worth trying to fix?

I have the piece of the mount that could be welded back together but the bottom bolt hole on the transmission itself is also broken. I also have a large piece of the bell housing that has the bolt hole in it but I am missing some chips from the inner part of the hole.

Thanks for the input.

Attachments

gofast

Unless you know for sure how the transmission is internally, I wouldn't pay someone to weld it up unless you can get a super deal or weld it yourself. Having the LSD makes it desirable for parts; don't junk it.

I am certainly not going to junk the whole thing. What is the best way to go about sourcing another F35? Even if it is not a LSD I could swap the internals of this one into another shell.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
Where are you located? My donor had a busted trans cover and I got a deal on a spare F35. Neither had the LSD so I may be able to provide parts if you're close enough for it to be worth it.

Where are you located? My donor had a busted trans cover and I got a deal on a spare F35. Neither had the LSD so I may be able to provide parts if you're close enough for it to be worth it.
Near Cleveland, OH.
Sounds like you are in the same boat as I am. The one I have also has a broken case. All my internals are good. Maybe I can sell the F35 LSD to offset the cost of buying a new F23 and LSD?

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
It looks like its sitting in the elements for a bit. From what I've read, the f35s are no joke to disassemble and reassemble.