Air Pump and Other Emissions Equipment on the Goblin

Brian74

Goblin Guru
Was just contemplating, for purpose of potential resale out of state later....

Are any of the states requiring the Goblin to retain any of the factory emissions equipment (ie:air injection, evap, ect.) beyond the catalytic converter?

Ross

Goblin Guru
California I believe. You need a California Cobalt and keep the emissions stuff.

Sparvy

Was just contemplating, for purpose of potential resale out of state later....

Are any of the states requiring the Goblin to retain any of the factory emissions equipment (ie:air injection, evap, ect.) beyond the catalytic converter?
Most of the states in New England will require all of the emissions equipment as well as bumpers, wipers, defroster, fenders as well as no pending CEL codes.

Dsteinhorst

My 09 had secondary air injection. It was an XFE model. It would have been easy to keep, but Montana doesn't need it.

ATMironov

California I believe. You need a California Cobalt and keep the emissions stuff.
The car would not be able to be registered in California regardless of emissions. The only way you can get a goblin registered in CA is if you show proof that you built it yourself and that its not for re-sale.
With that being said, there are basically no emission requirement as part of the registration process. I think it just needs to have the crank case vented to the intake.

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
Nv requires emissions in 2 counties. There is no smog pump. All you'd need to keep is the charcoal canister, tubing, sensors, and wiring.