Another New Guy

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I acquired donor car a couple of days ago. I have yet to buy a kit though. It's an '09 SS/TC with 47k miles. It has a repaired title on it from a front end wreck, but other than that it's a super nice car and very road worthy. It's a type of donor that will bring a tear to my eye when I start tearing it apart. I'm going to be afraid of scratching the pieces as it comes apart.

This isn't mine, but it looks identical except for the tinted windows. Mine is also black.

cobalt.jpg

I paid a pretty penny for it. But it was exactly what I was looking for in having low mileage and worthy enough to not have to futz around with any issues that might be found in a copart wreck.

Just for fun, anybody willing to take a guess on how much I paid or how much you'd be willing to pay? I might regret the answers. :)

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Oh, and I live in the OKC area. I work as an IT guy for the DoD at Tinker AFB. Been doing this for about 7 years now. I am not a hands on, mechanical guy, but I'm not intimidated with anything in the build process. Once I start the assembly process I will be asking a lot of questions about what this dilly whopper or thingamajig goes to. I did spend $230 for an actual service manual so I'm hoping that will answer a lot of my questions especially with the wiring harness.

I'm really looking forward to building this out, and getting to know the community.

taz_va

Regarding prices, I've run across "above average condition" SS/TC models going for 4k, and one 100k mileage mint condition TC for near 6k, while researching fully operational donors. With regard to totaled or otherwise salvage vehicles, I've seen prices range from 500-2k.