Another Steering Quick Release Question

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
My center hole silver base of the Quick Release kit (first photo) doesn’t clear the nut holding the black steering wheel mount( second photo). What am I missing here (I’m sure it’s easy)? I’m using the stock Cobalt steering wheel nut, the kit didn’t come with anything else.
0ED64618-0DE7-419F-97BF-F43AAD020FBD.jpeg04539503-CDB9-48B7-8727-CA726E80F618.jpeg
Also, the button/emblem will not go into place. I’ve snipped the spring but it just doesn’t quite fit.

Last edited:

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I didn’t use the DF kit but maybe replace the black with the silver? Is the silver splined in the hole?

Joebob

Goblin Guru
I don't have the quick release wheel, but it looks like it is 6 bolt spline adapter->quick release module->steering wheel. If you are bolting the steering wheel to the adapter, you might need a spacer. I had to add a spacer to push the stock wheel away from the turn signal switch.

This put the nut under the wheel to fit.

Joe

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I didn’t use the DF kit but maybe replace the black with the silver? Is the silver splined in the hole?
The silver part is not splined. I do not see any other way than bolting the silver part to the black.

can someone who has the DF QR kit take a couple photos of their steering shaft and wheel with the wheel off?

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
It’s the part that stays on the steering shaft. The other half is on the wheel already waiting to mate up to that silver portion.

KingChuck24

I had the exact same issue as you. I fixed it by dremeling down the ridges a tiny ammounts until it fit. Hope that helps!