Any Goblins on stands?

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
I need to clear some space in the shop, so I'm building a rolling cart for my chasis to put it back in the Goblin tent. Furniture dollies resulted in re-jacking up the car.

I built one this evening and realized it puts the car up so high i cant see the top of the motor.

Wondering if anyone has their car on jack stands. I'd like to know how high the lower frame rail needs to be to get the tires off the ground.

RichRich

I use a set of vehicle dollys, bought from Amazon. Maybe raises the wheels 2 inches and moves very easy

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
You're car looks awesome. Hope your sale works out.

Thanks for the input. This build will take me 4 or 5 more months and it will be at least 3 months before I can get stage 2, so I need to have a way to move the car without wheels on it.

BAR-AIR

Use the car dolly’s with a simple wood frame connect them together so the frame can sit on it. That way when your done you can still use the dolly’s with your car up on its wheels also.

RichRich

Oh I kinda misunderstood what you were asking I think. The subframe (if you are that far along) at bottom with full suspenspension droop was about 9" to 10". Sitting on the ground was about 7.5" with no passengers with wheels on.

When I built mine I had 2 different size jack stands, I put the front of the frame about 12 inches off the ground (lowest setting of my small jack stands) and made the frame tilt slightly down towards the rear.

But yes, I also agree with what BAR-AIR said, I didnt do that but it sounds like a great idea

Last edited:

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
Still not finished welding it all up but have enough on it to try it out. It's designed to be moved ahead when the subframe is out. I think I'll make some wood cradles for the lower tube right where the radiator hose comes out. Worried it might distort that tubing. Also will need to make sure that the castors are turned the right way so it doesnt teeter.

20191026_181649.jpg
20191026_200546.jpg

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I think your roll around is stout enough to park a truck on and will be adequate to support your Goblin....really! :cool: There should be no problem with leaving the front of the frame hanging off the end with no 'support'. The frame better be able to support it own weight no problem, otherwise it would fold up under hard braking. The roll around looks great.

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
My son brings me scap metal from his fabshop job, so I just used what I had. He said "geeze Dad, how heavy is that car going to be". The wheels are just barely Goblin tuff.